Author Topic: CLEAR Registration Keypad Assignments (PSR-SX600)  (Read 3072 times)

SX600

CLEAR Registration Keypad Assignments (PSR-SX600)
« on: May 06, 2021, 09:35:05 PM »
I know I can clear ALL 8 Registration Keypads at once with a (Power On + Key B) procedure.
However, I just want to CLEAR an INDIVIDUAL Registration Keypad -- not all of them at once.
I looked at Eileen's procedure on my instrument and I believe it permanently DELETES (not CLEARS) factory-set files from the PSR-SX600 Registration Bank.
I don't want to permanently delete anything that is installed on the instrument
I just want to CLEAR individual Keypad Assignments.
Am I missing something here?

Offline EileenL

Re: CLEAR Registration Keypad Assignments (PSR-SX600)
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2021, 10:29:11 PM »
That is all it will do Just clear the one registration button. You are then free to use this button for a different set up if that is what you want,

SX600

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2021, 10:35:06 PM »
Would appreciate a "step-by-step" procedure for the SX600 -- as I do not see a "Regist Edit Screen" on my instrument. Thank you.

Offline overover

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2021, 08:06:47 AM »
Hi SX600,

please read page 76 in the SX600 Reference Manual. There you will find all needed details to use the Regisration Edit display, e.g. how to call it up ....

Press the REGIST BANK [ + ] and [ - ]  buttons simultaneously to call up the Registration Bank Selection
display, then use the Cursor buttons to select the desired Bank.

Press the lower [7] button (Edit) to call up the Registration Edit display.

... and how to delete or rename a certain Registration Memory (button) of the currently loaded Bank.

By the way: If you just want to memorize new or changed settings on a certain Registration Memory button, you don't need to use the Registration Edit display (but just press MEMORY button and then the desired Reg button again to overwrite the Registration on the button with your current Panel settings) .

You willl need the Registration Edit display only for deleting  a Registration (so that the button is blank and does not light up anymore) or for renaming Registrations on certain buttons.

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: May 07, 2021, 09:34:38 AM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Online johan

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2021, 11:09:02 AM »
Indeed, you normally do not need to clear an individual memory: you can just overwrite the one that you don’t need anymore.

If you want to start from a complete empty bank (all buttons blank), you can save your current bank to usb and then use power on + B key to erase all memory pads (the bank on usb still remains available for loading whenever you need it). Personally, on my SX700, I have saved such an empty memory bank (I called it “NEWBANK”) so if I want to start from scratch, I just load this bank and when the individual memories are filled, I then save it using another name, so that I always keep the empty NEWBANK.
SX700 and S670
Former keyboard: E433, E463

Offline tyros2009

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2021, 04:57:25 AM »
"Indeed, you normally do not need to clear an individual memory: you can just overwrite the one that you don’t need anymore."
This is much safer, as one cannot accidentally clears the wrong ones or worst, everything.
Korg PA-50, Yamaha YPG-235, E443, EW410, YPT400, Tyros3, Genos, Medeli AKX10, S770