Author Topic: Down loading styles for tyros 5 for this site  (Read 1023 times)

Offline tyros5man

Down loading styles for tyros 5 for this site
« on: May 06, 2021, 06:58:01 PM »
Hi guys, Iím new to this site I have a tyros 5 and a psrs650.
Can you please help me, I am trying to download the styles on this site to a memory stick to put into my keyboard i down loaded them onto my chrome book then dragged them onto the memory stick but when I put it into the tyros 5 keyboard and select usb, the stick appears empty but when u put the stick into my chromebook the files are there...

Iím not sure what Im Doing wrong as I watched a guy do this on his Mac on u tube and it worked for him.
I noticed the files are zipped..
Do I need to unzip them
And if so how do I do that please...

Thanks in advance from a frustrated musician lol..

Offline Toril S

Re: Down loading styles for tyros 5 for this site
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2021, 07:39:36 PM »
Yes, you have to unzip the files! I use winrar, but there are many others.
Maybe your PC allready have an unzip program installed?
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

Offline overover

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2021, 07:41:31 PM »
Welcome to the PSR Tutorial forum, tyros5man!

Yes, of course you have to unzip the downloaded zip files first (on your computer). Yamaha keyboards cannot read zip archive files.

Copy the unzipped folder(s) containing the Style files on a USB stick and then connect the stick to the keyboard.

On the keyboard, open the Style Selection display (on the Tyros5 press the "D" button when you are in the Main display, or press one of the Style Category buttons). Then use the TAB buttons to go to "USB1" tab. Select (open) the desired folder on the USB drive, then select the desired Style to load it.

P.S.
Tyros5 supports a maximum of 500 files/subfolders per folder. But it is best to have a maximum of only 60 ... 100 files per folder. In addition, you should always put your files into folders. It is not recommended to have many files directly in the Root directory of USB sticks or the internal hard disk (HD1).

Best regards,
Chris

« Last Edit: May 06, 2021, 07:54:25 PM by overover »
Everyone always said: "This is not possible!" - Then someone came and ... just did it!

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2021, 07:56:07 PM »

Iím not sure what Im Doing wrong as I watched a guy do this on his Mac on u tube and it worked for him.
I noticed the files are zipped..
Do I need to unzip them
And if so how do I do that please...

To unzip files in Windows, simply double click on the file. Then copy the contents to a folder (on your USB drive, for example). The contents will be unzipped during the copy.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons