Author Topic: Best recommended Instrument cable for Genos Line out ?  (Read 2942 times)

Offline sunny

Best recommended Instrument cable for Genos Line out ?
« on: May 06, 2021, 08:16:26 AM »
Friends,

Which is the best instrument cable for connecting Genos Line out to Mixer or monitors without any loss of signal or sound quality ?

Thanks,
Sunny

Offline Chris79

Re: Best recommended Instrument cable for Genos Line out ?
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2021, 12:09:45 PM »

Offline sunny

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2021, 06:20:48 PM »
Hi Chris,

This cable is not available in India. Any other best cables ?

Sunny

Offline MarkF_48

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2021, 07:07:59 PM »
For most connections between gear when I don't make my own cables, I've found Hosa brand to be adequate and have not had any reliability issues. For the short length you would be using and the low impedance of the terminations, it's not likely you'd lose much if any signal or sound quality that would be noticed. Where a cable may make more of a difference is when connecting a high impedance instruments to an amplifier with a high impedance input, then cable capacitance and shielding can start to affect the signal.

You can spend much money on cables that tout magic qualities, but in most cases your ears will not discern any difference (although your mind may think it sounds better). Just get reasonably priced cables that get good reviews. I do prefer all metal plugs that may be a bit more durable to handling and can be taken apart and repaired if needed. I haven't found a difference in gold plated versus chrome connectors other than cost. If you can find cables that use either Neutrik or Rean plugs on the ends, these would generally be of better quality.
Have not a clue of retailers in India, so I'm not going to try and recommend any particular brand or type of cable

If going from the keyboard to the mixer you would want a 1/4" TS (unbalanced) type cable, possibly in a 'dual' configuration to keep things neat looking. Assuming the mixer has balanced outputs and the monitors have balanced inputs (the user manual specs should have this information), the a set of 1/4" TRS or XLR cables would maintain the balanced connection between mixer and monitors. It's OK to mix connectors also if needed, such as a 1/4" TRS to XLR or similar.

'Dual' stereo TS type cable............
https://hosatech.com/products/analog-audio/interconnect-cables/dual-interconnects/cpp-200/

DonM

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2021, 07:23:10 PM »
Really the only cables I've had problems with were Fender.  Maybe it was a bad run, but I had several fail after only short use.  Threw the rest of them away.

Offline mikf

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2021, 08:25:42 PM »
It’s different for people in very large venues with cables running huge distances to control desks, but for the kind of cable runs we ordinary people use I have never noticed cable loss, and it’s a bit of a non issue. Basically any decent cable will perform adequately. And reliability is usually  connector issue. Its usually  obvious when a cable is well made or flimsy and might not stand up to frequent handling.
I’m
Always surprised though at the high cost of decent connector cables,
Mike

Offline hans1966

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2021, 08:34:08 PM »
Hi Sunny,

For me the best brand of cables is called Belden, they are armored, so they are quite resistant and do not break.

the best connectors (jacks, or plugs) are Neutrik brand, they provide high quality sound.

here are some links

https://www.mouser.in/manufacturer/belden/

https://www.mouser.in/manufacturer/neutrik/
"Enjoying my SX600, and moving step by step through the journey of life"

Pincho Paxton

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2021, 10:59:52 PM »
For most connections between gear when I don't make my own cables, I've found Hosa brand to be adequate and have not had any reliability issues.

I will try Hosa... because they are cheap..lol!

Pincho Paxton

« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2021, 08:06:08 PM »
Got my Hosa cables, they sound amazing! I'm changing all my cables for Hosa!

Offline pjd

« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2021, 12:49:50 AM »
If you go with HOSA, I suggest the pro models with REAN connectors, like HPP-015X2. It takes a little more effort to find the REANs, but it's worth it.

The entry-level HOSA instrument cables (e.g., 1/4 guitar cables) are not robust enough for gigging and eventually become noisy. The HOSA REAN connectors/cables hold up much better in the long run.

Nothing drives me more crazy than a scratchy cable at high volume!  :D

All the best -- pj

Offline Bud2

« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2021, 04:39:49 PM »
I always make up my own cables and for my local keyboard club and never had any problems with them and I don't spend a fortune on the cable or connectors.