Genos (12 Boards) > Genos - General

Best recommended Instrument cable for Genos Line out ?

(1/3) > >>

sunny:
Friends,

Which is the best instrument cable for connecting Genos Line out to Mixer or monitors without any loss of signal or sound quality ?

Thanks,
Sunny

Chris79:
Hi my friend,

This is top !

https://www.thomann.de/fr/evidence_audio_melody_instrument_cable_15_gw.htm

regards. Chris Bart

sunny:
Hi Chris,

This cable is not available in India. Any other best cables ?

Sunny

MarkF_48:
For most connections between gear when I don't make my own cables, I've found Hosa brand to be adequate and have not had any reliability issues. For the short length you would be using and the low impedance of the terminations, it's not likely you'd lose much if any signal or sound quality that would be noticed. Where a cable may make more of a difference is when connecting a high impedance instruments to an amplifier with a high impedance input, then cable capacitance and shielding can start to affect the signal.

You can spend much money on cables that tout magic qualities, but in most cases your ears will not discern any difference (although your mind may think it sounds better). Just get reasonably priced cables that get good reviews. I do prefer all metal plugs that may be a bit more durable to handling and can be taken apart and repaired if needed. I haven't found a difference in gold plated versus chrome connectors other than cost. If you can find cables that use either Neutrik or Rean plugs on the ends, these would generally be of better quality.
Have not a clue of retailers in India, so I'm not going to try and recommend any particular brand or type of cable

If going from the keyboard to the mixer you would want a 1/4" TS (unbalanced) type cable, possibly in a 'dual' configuration to keep things neat looking. Assuming the mixer has balanced outputs and the monitors have balanced inputs (the user manual specs should have this information), the a set of 1/4" TRS or XLR cables would maintain the balanced connection between mixer and monitors. It's OK to mix connectors also if needed, such as a 1/4" TRS to XLR or similar.

'Dual' stereo TS type cable............
https://hosatech.com/products/analog-audio/interconnect-cables/dual-interconnects/cpp-200/

DonM:
Really the only cables I've had problems with were Fender.  Maybe it was a bad run, but I had several fail after only short use.  Threw the rest of them away.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version