Author Topic: OTS with no style?  (Read 2482 times)

musikrx

OTS with no style?
« on: May 04, 2021, 10:02:07 PM »
Hi there - Just wondering how to save sounds to OTS but not have the style on.  I have pressed memory and unchecked the style box but still won't work.  I just want to stay on the registration and be able to switch the solo instruments by pressing an OTS button.  This is for live band performance so the keyboard is out of room for more splits.
Thank you:)

Melissa

Offline Fred Smith

Re: OTS with no style?
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2021, 10:05:02 PM »
Hi there - Just wondering how to save sounds to OTS but not have the style on.  I have pressed memory and unchecked the style box but still won't work.  I just want to stay on the registration and be able to switch the solo instruments by pressing an OTS button.  This is for live band performance so the keyboard is out of room for more splits.

The solution you are looking for is to use registrations.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

musikrx

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2021, 10:17:26 PM »
Thank you Fred:)

Offline Joe H

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2021, 03:24:53 PM »
The way to do that is load a USER Style from your USB stick.  Create up to 8 OTS with the right hand Voices.  Save the registration.

Now DELETE the User Style from your USB stick.  When you select registrations 1 - 8 the keyboard will load your OTS but will not find the User style you deleted.  By doing this you can try different OTS with whatever style is currently loaded and the current style will not change when you select a registration button.

Joe H
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads in registrations. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

musikrx

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2021, 08:03:33 PM »
Oh - I like this:) - Thank you!!!

Online pedro_pedroc

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2021, 08:19:33 PM »
Yes, I agree with Fred. Registrations.

Pedro

The solution you are looking for is to use registrations.

Cheers,
Fred