Genos (12 Boards) > Genos - General

See the chords while playing a MIDI file

<< < (2/3) > >>

Toril S:
Thanks Eileen :)

ckobu:
As suggested, PSRUTI should be used. Each MIDI can have chord information displayed on the screen for Lyrics.

https://youtu.be/nwx-rNBGZS0

DonM:
Too bad Roland isn't making anything new in the middle or top of the line.  All their arrangers have the ability to interpret chords in midi files, without anyone having to add them.  They show the current chord being played AND the chord in the upcoming measure.  It's a software of some sort that so far is unique to them.
Surely Yamaha would have the resources to do this if they chose to do so.
Doesn't much matter to me as I very seldom use a  midi file, but I know it would be a real great feature to many. 

Toril S:
I sometimes use MIDI files as a help in learning a song, as I do not read music. To have the chord letters come up on the screen is useful. Usually I can hear what chord is played, but sometimes I am not sure.

DerekA:
Hi Toril

When you make a MIDI file with a style using the 'quick record' option, the recorder embeds extra information in the MIDI file. This is called 'XF' data and contains, for example, the chord changes. When you play back the file, if it contains this XF data then then chords can be displayed on the screen. They can also be used to drive the vocal harmony.

The PSRUTI tool analysis the MIDI file and inserts it's 'best guess' at the chords by adding XF data.

If you are not seeing chords when playing back a file, that would suggest it was not recorded in the 'quick record' option and has no XF data.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version