Author Topic: Default Reverb  (Read 3056 times)

Offline sunny

Default Reverb
« on: May 04, 2021, 04:51:04 PM »
Fiends,

What is the default Reverb effect of Genos ? and what is the best Reverb effect for live playing on stage ?

Thanks,
Sunny
« Last Edit: May 04, 2021, 04:54:19 PM by sunny »

Offline Eric, B

Re: Default Reverb
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2021, 10:12:18 PM »
The reverb varies depending on the style.
For home playing lots of reverb might be fun.
However for life playing it is way to much.
No band uses that much reverb.
I have been using "stage" reverb for all my keyboards and I am very happy with it.
The sound is much tighter and more natural.
Eric
Genos, PSR-S970

Offline sunny

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2021, 08:01:20 AM »
 Hi eric,

Thanks for your reply. What is the best Reverb for church, worship ? and what is the default Reverb (Factory setup) when we switch on the keyboard first time ?

Sunny

Offline EileenL

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2021, 03:23:48 PM »
Best thing is try them for yourself and see what works for you.

tyrosman

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2021, 05:24:50 PM »
The reverb varies depending on the style.
For home playing lots of reverb might be fun.
However for life playing it is way to much.
No band uses that much reverb.
I have been using "stage" reverb for all my keyboards and I am very happy with it.
The sound is much tighter and more natural.
Eric
hi Eric where is stage reverb in genos

Online overover

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2021, 05:47:47 PM »
hi Eric where is stage reverb in genos

Hi tyrosman,

it's the same for the REVERB and CHORUS System Effect blocks, as well as for the VARIATION block and all INSERTION Effect blocks: The "Stage 1" effect type can be found directly in the "Reverb" category. "Stage 2", "Stage 3" and "Stage 4" effect types are in the "Legacy" category.

Please refer also to the "Effect Type List" in the Genos Data List (from page 46).

Information on changing the effect types can be found in the Genos Owner's Manual and in the Genos Reference Manual, in each case under the instructions for the "Mixer" display.

P.S.
I attached a picture (screenshot from page 46 of the Genos Data List).

Best regards,
Chris

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: May 14, 2021, 06:08:55 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2021, 01:50:15 PM »
Here's a few tips for you, Sunny.

Don't restrict yourself to the default reverb settings. By that I mean, don't restrict your playing to one reverb for an entire registration, style, or bunch of styles. The Genos is so dynamic that you can assign reverbs to each individual part in a style.

The general idea is to add a little more reverb to parts that are playing background and less reverb to the solo instrument. This gives the effect that the solo instrument is placed closer to the audience on a stage and the background instruments are sitting more backstage - just the way you'd hear it during a live performance.

Try panning your non-soloed instruments left and right. Picture how a live orchestra would be seated on stage. Strings on one side, brass and woodwinds on the other, percussion in the middle, bass in the middle. Yamaha does some basic reverb and pan settings but you can play with these settings as much as you want because they are just a guideline

Large orchestral type songs tend to have a bit more reverb, depending on the size of the hall in which they play. On the other hand, if you're playing a "pub" style song like you would hear in a small bar or pub, there would be almost no reverb.

The whole idea is to picture the location where your style and song is used. Apply the reverb to match that setting. Half the fun is discovering how to get the sound right. Either way, enjoy!
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.