Author Topic: usb  (Read 2485 times)

Offline thomas750

usb
« on: May 04, 2021, 03:20:26 PM »
Hi focks
i have my sx 700 connected on my laptop i hear a sound but nothing on the screen sone help please
thomas
I Play The yamaha prs sx 700

Offline Fred Smith

Re: usb
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2021, 03:54:00 PM »
Hi focks
i have my sx 700 connected on my laptop i hear a sound but nothing on the screen sone help please
thomas

You'll need to provide more detail. What is it you're trying to do? Why is the subject of this post "usb"? Why is your keyboard connected to your laptop? What screen are you talking about -- the keyboard's screen or the computer's screen?

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline thomas750

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2021, 06:44:36 PM »
Hallo fred
i mean i have connect my keyboard to my laptop so that i can easy put the playlist in my order thats the quick way to do but i hear a sound on my laptop that my kb is connect but dont open on my screen of the laptop
thomas

Offline overover

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2021, 08:04:51 PM »
Hi Thomas,

PSR-SX models do not have a USB Storage Mode (like Genos) with which you can access the keyboard's User drive from the computer. The key combination for the USB Storage Mode (press and hold Playlist button while powering on) is not working on PSR-S/SX models.

But you could use the Yamaha MusicSoft Downloader (MSD) program (only available for Windows PCs).

If the Yamaha USB-MIDI Driver in not already installed on your PC, download and install this Driver first (64-bit or 32-bit version depending on your Windows version).

Note: Make the USB cable connection (USB-to-Host socket of the SC700 to the PC) before installing the USB-MIDI Driver!

Then download and install the MSD program.

Here you will find all needed downloads for SX700:
>>> https://uk.yamaha.com/en/products/musical_instruments/keyboards/arranger_workstations/psr-sx700/downloads.html#product-tabs

On the SX700, make sure that the Preset MIDI template "All Parts" is activated.

After starting the MSD, the USB-MIDI communication should be established automatically. If not, set the MIDI IN and MIDI OUT of the MSD to the ports "Digital Workstation - 1" or "Digital Workstation". Do NOT use the port "Digital Workstation - 2" here!

Now you can see and open the SX700's User drive (and also connected USB sticks) in the MSD. Just right-click on a file for copying/pasting it (e.g. from a folder in the User drive to a folder on the PC's hard disk or vice versa).

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: May 04, 2021, 08:10:14 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline thomas750

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2021, 08:41:07 PM »
thank you chris
i give it a try i let you know if i get it right
thomas
« Last Edit: May 04, 2021, 08:45:20 PM by thomas750 »