Author Topic: Change registration after bar  (Read 2097 times)

Pincho Paxton

Change registration after bar
« on: April 29, 2021, 09:30:51 AM »
Can you make the registration wait for the bar to end before it changes? I keep clipping my songs with my registration changes.

Offline overover

Re: Change registration after bar
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2021, 03:55:31 PM »
Hi Pincho Paxton,

for OTS (One Touch Settings) you can set the "OTS Link Timing" either to "Real Time" or to "Next Bar" (in the Style Setting display). But for Registrations this is NOT possible. Registrations are always executed directly when you press the button.

P.S.
If you are concerned with occasional, unsightly sound artifacts when switching keyboard voices through Registrations: These are usually caused by the DSP (Effect block) switching. In most cases, however, you can avoid them by cleverly programming the Registrations (e.g. manual assignment of certain Effect blocks and / or assignment of Voices to other Right Parts). Or (the easiest way) you simply take your hands off the keys when switching Registrations / Voices. ;)

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: April 29, 2021, 03:56:48 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline ugawoga

Re: Change registration after bar
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2021, 02:36:29 PM »
Hi

Aslo i have found in all registrations , keep the volume levels the same in the style and as this avoids sudden glitching on selecting next registrations.
If just changing sounds , put them in the OTS.

All the Best
john :)
« Last Edit: May 01, 2021, 02:39:41 PM by ugawoga »
Genos, I7 computer 32 gig ram, Focusrite 6i6, Cubase controller, Focal Alpha Monitors, Yamaha DXR8 Speakers
Cubase 10, Sonarworks, Izotope.  Sampletank, Arturia and Korg software.  Now IK Mixbox