Genos (12 Boards) > Genos and iPad & Songbook+

Error linking to Yamaha registration bank

(1/3) > >>

Kath001:
Hi, I am at my wits end, 2 days now trying to connect my Genos, iPad and songbookplus.  I have set the Genos to access point mode, I can see it in the WiFi links on my iPad, I select it, open songbook plus, open my song pdf and click the 3 dots and select the option to link to my registration but every time I get the message “error linking to Yamaha registration bank.  I have tried everything I can think of, I change ipadresses, channels, restarted the midi numerous times and still nothing.  I assume there is something wrong with the midi setting as the word midi next to the 3 dots has a solid white line the a smaller blinking line underneath.  Has anyone any suggestion as to what’s wrong. I and no technical person so simple instruction please as I am sure you are all way above me on the techie side.  Thanks

Patrick:
Hi Kath, try to disconnect your Ipad from songbook+, and reconnect it; try to link your song again, all the best Patrick
 :)

Kath001:
Thanks no luck I even deleted the app and reinstalled it but still same error.

overover:
Hi Kath001,

please make sure that in the Genos Wireless LAN settings (Access Point Mode) the option "DHCP Server" is ON. Make also sure that the WiFi connection between the iPad and Genos has been established properly (WPA2 by entering the correct password set on the Genos).

On the Genos set the Preset MIDI template "All Parts". This ensures that SysEx messages can be transmitted and received.

Start the Songbook+ app, touch the "gear" symbol and then "MIDI" to call up the MIDI settings. Here make sure that at "EASY KEYBOARD CONTROL" the option "Control mode YAMAHA Genos ... Registrations (with link)" is activated.

There are also other important MIDI settings on this page. It would be best if you could post a screenshot or a photo of your current MIDI settings in Songbook+ here.

Best regards,
Chris

Kath001:
You’ve cracked it for me, it was the midi not set to ALL PARTS.  The Genos was set up linked to my Lowrey organ by the shop I bought it from so when I changed it fromLowrey to all parts it worked a treat, thank you so much.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version