Author Topic: Configuring Left Pedal  (Read 4380 times)

Offline Apollo292

Configuring Left Pedal
« on: April 28, 2021, 05:15:13 PM »
Hi All.
how do you configure an FC5 left pedal to bring in a Break and ending on Tyros 5.
I have a right pedal working on my registrations,but cannot find how to do this on the left in the manual.
regards
Daryl

Offline Fred Smith

Re: Configuring Left Pedal
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2021, 05:21:40 PM »
Hi All.
how do you configure an FC5 left pedal to bring in a Break and ending on Tyros 5.
I have a right pedal working on my registrations,but cannot find how to do this on the left in the manual.
regards
Daryl

It's in the Controller in Utility. But the easiest way to access it is to press Direct Access, then tap your pedal. Then you will see the menu of options.

Note that you can assign either Break, or an Ending, but not both, to the pedal.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline Apollo292

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2021, 08:11:02 PM »
Thanks Fred for your kind reply.
Do I understand that only 1 event can be programmed in a registration with a left pedal.
regards
Daryl

Offline mikf

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2021, 10:56:10 PM »
Only one event at a time can be set on any pedal, left pedal is no different. But you can have different pedal settings and save them in separate registrations.
mike

Offline johan

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2021, 09:26:34 AM »
Indeed, as Mike suggests you can change the left pedal setting in each registration so that each time you use the right pedal to switch between registrations it also changes the programming of the left pedal as defined in your registrations.
SX700 and S670
Former keyboard: E433, E463

Offline Apollo292

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2021, 08:39:44 PM »
Thanksl  johan and mikf for your replies. I dont understand how I would program it in to my registration bank,for instance I  wanted a break to play before pressing the right pedal to move to the next registration button,or an intro to play before the next  registration is selected by using the right pedal, or program sync start on left pedal.
Any explanation would be very helpful.
regards
Daryl

Offline EileenL

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2021, 11:04:09 PM »
Just select the pedal operation you want and then save it to the registration. Make sure you have Pedal ticked in memory. If using a registration sequence make sure you have it switched on.

Offline johan

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2021, 08:45:18 PM »
I dont understand how I would program it in to my registration bank,for instance I  wanted a break to play before pressing the right pedal to move to the next registration button,or an intro to play before the next  registration is selected by using the right pedal

In reg1, you program the left pedal for making a break.
In reg2, you program the left pedal for playing the intro you want.
You start with reg1, press the left pedal each time you need the break and press the right pedal to switch to reg2 (if you want the break just before switching registrations, you have to press first the left and then immediately the right pedal). You can now play the intro by pressing the left pedal. 

As Eileen suggest, best is to use a registration sequence (meaning you can also jump back for instance from reg2 to reg1 and the left pedal will again be assigned to giving a break).

SX700 and S670
Former keyboard: E433, E463

Offline Apollo292

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2021, 09:08:59 PM »
Thank you Eileen and johan for your informative heplfull replies.
I will work on the advice.
Thank you again.
Kindest regards
Daryl

Offline mikf

« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2021, 03:11:43 AM »
Actually, there is another way. If you program just one of the pedals to change registration, then  you can do everything you want in the registration. So you capture the break or intro, style voice everything in the registration. This is how most people would do it.
Mike

Offline Apollo292

« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2021, 03:48:52 PM »
Thanks mikf for your reply,very much appreciated.
Regards
Daryl.

Offline overover

« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2021, 06:26:09 PM »
Hi Daryl,

you can memorize a certain Intro, Main variation, Ending or the Break by just pressing the desired button in the Style Control section.

In case of the Intro, first press the Main variation button that should play after the Intro has finished, then press the desired Intro button.

If you want to memorize a Fill-in, press the desired Main Variation button TWICE, so that the button is flashing.

Finally you have to save the Registration Bank as a file of course. You can do this after memorizing ALL needed Registrations (on 1 - 10 buttons). But to be on the safe side, I mostly (re-)save the Bank always when I have memorized a new Registration. (Overwrite the previous Bank file in this case.)

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: May 03, 2021, 06:27:16 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline Apollo292

« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2021, 02:42:00 PM »
Thank you Chris for your very kind reply.
I have plenty to go on now,with all the kind helpful replies.
Kindest regards
Daryl