Yamaha Keyboards (4 Boards) > Yamaha Keyboards - General

Chord Fingering - Most Efficient Method

(1/7) > >>

DaveD:
My granddaughter wants to learn to play. I want to help teach her.

Is there a chart or book which details the most efficient way of fingering each chords? My own method may not be correct.

DaveD

Graham UK:
Myself I learnt to play chords with the least amout of hand movement, so some chords are inversions to obtain less movement.

Fred Smith:
"efficient" is a function of what you want to achieve.

I play chord inversions (=Fingered), as that's what I learned as a child.

However, if I was to do it again, I'd learn Fingered on Bass, as it would be nice to play slash chords with ease.

I'm too old to learn this method, but your granddaughter isn't.

Cheers,
Fred

Al Ram:
I learned to play mostly inverted chords . . . . . now I kind of regret it . . . . sometimes . . . . . not sure . . . . 

Not sure if this is what you are looking for . . .  .

see below
https://www.pianochord.org/

Hope it helps

thanks

mikf:
It’s not about ‘efficient’. Older people coming to the instrument late in life want ‘easy’ because they just want to learn to make music quickly. But if she is young and a beginner she should to learn to play properly and that includes chords with both hands in all positions. And I am not even sure that learning chords is that high on the agenda for a young learner. Are you even the right person to be teaching her. Can you sight read, can you rattle off all the scales and arpeggios in every key, with both hands at speed?
Mike

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version