Author Topic: Help! Foot Pedal 2 Stopped Working  (Read 4707 times)

Offline alanclare

Help! Foot Pedal 2 Stopped Working
« on: April 28, 2021, 11:43:43 AM »
I have a footswitch controller connected to each of the two sockets on my s970. They've been there since I bought the instrument. Foot pedal 2 has stopped working while I was playing. The fault is not the Pedal because it works OK in pedal 1 socket. Also the pedal connected to socket 1 doesn't work in socket 2. The fault lies in socket 2.

Turning the machine off and on has no effect.

What do I do, please?

Alan

Offline Toril S

Re: Help! Foot Pedal 2 Stopped Working
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2021, 11:55:41 AM »
Try a soft reset by holding down the rightmost white key while powering up the keyboard. But first check if the settings of pedal 2 has been changed for instance by a registration. Press direct acess and step on pedal 2 to see if the pedal is set on the function you want.
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

The following users thanked this post: alanclare

Offline alanclare

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2021, 12:44:32 PM »
Toril

Brilliant. It was the reset that did the trick. I’ve yet to fully test it, but first appearances look good. I’ll report later.

In the meantime - thanks, my friend.

Alan

Offline Toril S

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2021, 12:56:14 PM »
Alan, glad I could help!😀😀
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

Offline Joe H

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2021, 03:33:40 PM »
Alan,

Did you load a registration in your keyboard that caused the foot pedal assignment to change?  That's usually what happens when people load a 3rd party registration.

Joe H
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads in registrations. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

Offline alanclare

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2021, 03:51:07 PM »
Joe

I don't know what a third party registration is. I wasn't doing anything different from my usual activity. The pedal affected is the one I usually use to proceed through the registration memories that I've saved.

Alan

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2021, 05:29:24 PM »
I don't know what a third party registration is. I wasn't doing anything different from my usual activity. The pedal affected is the one I usually use to proceed through the registration memories that I've saved.

A "third party registration" is a registration you got from a third party. Downloaded from the internet, sent to you by a friend, etc.

Very useful at times.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline alanclare

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2021, 08:14:33 PM »
Fred

Thank you for the explanation. I’ve never used a ready-made registration. I’m not sure how I’d go about it.

Everything’s working normally now, so I’ll treat it just”just one of those things.” My thanks for your help and encouragement.

Alan

Plumloco

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2022, 06:50:24 PM »
I am trying to assign Foot pedal 2 to turn harmony on and off. As soon as I change instruments it stops working and I just hear a cluck coming from my speaker when I depress the pedal? What am I missing?

Offline overover

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2022, 01:01:35 PM »
I am trying to assign Foot pedal 2 to turn harmony on and off. As soon as I change instruments it stops working and I just hear a cluck coming from my speaker when I depress the pedal? What am I missing?

Hi Plumloco,

Welcome to the PSR Tutorial Forum!

Please answer the following two questions first:

1. Which keyboard model do you have? (You posted here on the S970/770/670 forum, but also asked the same question on the SX900/700/600 forum: >>> https://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/topic,57358.msg475239.html#msg475239 )

2. What exactly do you mean by "change instruments"? (You are probably talking about registrations, because manually changing the voices does NOT change the pedal settings.)

Best regards,
Chris

➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)