Author Topic: Registrations  (Read 1814 times)

Offline Jimf

Registrations
« on: February 15, 2022, 03:56:17 PM »
Having been given registrations on a pen drive from another sx900 user for use on my sx900.
I have the following problem :-
Load a selected registration say no1 and play
Load another registration say no2 how ever no1 registration is still loaded and no2 wont play.
Any suggestions?

Online Fred Smith

Re: Registrations
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2022, 04:55:49 PM »
Having been given registrations on a pen drive from another sx900 user for use on my sx900.
I have the following problem :-
Load a selected registration say no1 and play
Load another registration say no2 how ever no1 registration is still loaded and no2 wont play.
Any suggestions?

What won’t play? The style? Voices? Multipad? Vocals? Harmony?

Whatever it is, you need to check into that specific issue. Can the registration find the style? Is freeze on? Do you have a parameter locked?

Something’s stopping a setting from being loaded check into that.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

The following users thanked this post: Jimf

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2022, 07:08:16 PM »
Have you pressed any of the Registration buttons after loading the new Registration Bank? Loading a Registration Bank only prepares it to be used. You need to actually select a specific registration within the bank (with the registration buttons) to activate it.

Regards!

The following users thanked this post: Jimf

Offline Jimf

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2022, 03:05:38 PM »
I am of the view that the Registration can't see the style and therefore wont play.
I'll check all that wont play
Many thanks for resonse
JimF

Offline mikf

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2022, 03:14:33 PM »
Are these pre set styles or user styles? If they are user styles are they also on the pen drive?
Mike
« Last Edit: February 16, 2022, 06:51:06 PM by mikf »

Offline panos

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2022, 08:27:58 PM »
Hi Jim,
You got it right.
Your registration no 2 cannot find the style that initially was saved in that registration,  so the keyboard just continues to play the last style that was already uploaded.

In other words,it isn't registration 1 that is still playing when you press reg 2.
It is registration 2 that is playing BUT with a "missing" style in it, so it plays the last one, whatever that was.

Find the style,resave the registration and don't move the style to another folder because you will have the same problem again.

Offline mikf

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2022, 11:57:36 PM »
Yes, what Panos says sounds like the possible problem. Remember that registrations do not actually contain a style, just a reference to what the style is and where it is. If the registration uses preset styles and comes from a similar keyboard or if they are user styles but on the same pen drive, you should be ok. But if the registration is pointing to a user style that does not exist on your keyboard, it will not find it.
Mike

The following users thanked this post: paulman