Author Topic: Is G-Super X any different or is it just a re-packaged G-Master Keys Complete?  (Read 2049 times)

Offline Christopher Fernandes

Hey everyone,

I own the G-Master Keys Complete expansion pack v4 and I'm quite okay with it. Drum samples and some of the MegaVoices are a bit buggy and even the voices seem to be not sampled that well. Even the styles aren't remapped with appropriate voices that well and in some cases not remapped at all. But you at least get a gist of what Genos sounds like. And can't complain much for that price instead of paying $5000. Now, there's a new pack called G-Super X with the following description:

"The Super X pack inherits the features of our flagship "Complete" package, but now every sound has been improved and we are committed to perfection. This package ends the journey of the Master Keys family by welcoming the new "Super" family, it will have free updates for life."

The term "improved" seems very vague. Something like "re-sampled" would've sounded more convincing. Has anyone purchased G-Super X? Is it just the same as the G-Master Keys complete? Is it worth the "upgrade"?

Regards,
Chris.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2021, 06:41:24 AM by Christopher Fernandes »
Current Instruments: Yamaha PSR-SX900/Epiphone DR100 AG

Gear: Yamaha KS-SW100 Subwoofer

Past Instruments: PSR-E413
Played: All Yamaha PSR-S, KORG PA700

Offline Christopher Fernandes

Current Instruments: Yamaha PSR-SX900/Epiphone DR100 AG

Gear: Yamaha KS-SW100 Subwoofer

Past Instruments: PSR-E413
Played: All Yamaha PSR-S, KORG PA700

Offline dragonkeys

Hi Christopher!

I have direct contact with them, they have always answered my doubts.

As on his website it says "the samples are an emulation" of the instruments that we can find in the Yamaha Genos, therefore they will not be the same.

I got this new pack this week, and they definitely improved 60% of all content and added new voices (Pan Flute and Latin Flute are my favorites).

Regarding the OTS, their page is very explicit, they do not sell the styles, they do not sell the OTS programming, they include the styles in their pack for demonstration purposes only, giving the end user the freedom to modify them.

Last month a friend lent me his Genos, I did a quick comparison and well, 90% of the content sounds identical to the one on Genos ...

I consider that you cannot demand too much from a pack that is an emulation, but honestly this pack is one of the best and the only one there is, and 65 USD can be paid by anyone compared to spending 6000 USD, which is what Genos is worth. .

Best regards.

Michael

The following users thanked this post: wersianer, OliverF