Author Topic: how change OTS on Yamaha dgx-670  (Read 14006 times)

dreamitaliano74

how change OTS on Yamaha dgx-670
« on: April 24, 2021, 05:41:46 PM »
hi guys, does anyone know how to change and save OTS link settings for new dgx-670 please? I can't find any information on the user manual unfortunately (
Do you know which is the exact procedure to do? I tried changing the sounds and clicking Memory + A-B-C-D but it doesn't save me anything ..

Offline panos

Re: how change OTS on Yamaha dgx-670
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2021, 07:39:54 PM »
Hi dreamitaliano74,
go to 10:50 of Jeremy's video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VJI5QeDwnU

It is Memory button + 1 or 2 or 3 or 4 registration button
(and not A-B-C-D which are the style buttons)

Offline Toril S

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2021, 08:06:20 PM »
Hello Dreamitaliano.
To change the OTS of a style:
1. Call up the voices you want and make other desired changes on the panel.
2. Press memory button and then the OTS button that you want to change.
3. You now have to save the style as a new style, press save and give it a new name.
You can save the style on user, or on your USB stick.
Hope this helps :)
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

The following users thanked this post: Ausberto

dreamitaliano74

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2021, 06:58:18 PM »
Thank you very much friends! I was able to change and store my personal different sounds on the 4 onetouch settings and match it to the 4 variations of the style by clicking registration memory user bank as indicated in the youtube video but i active the ots link button , the sounds of the original style pushing the 4 main variation  always remain the same, while on the psr I had no.Very strange! Andy
« Last Edit: April 25, 2021, 07:54:00 PM by dreamitaliano74 »

Offline panos

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2021, 09:31:58 PM »
Hi again my friend,
have you downloaded all the manuals of the DGX 670?

https://europe.yamaha.com/en/products/musical_instruments/pianos/portable_grand/dgx-670/downloads.html#product-tabs

It should be there somewhere something to press or to "tick" for that function to work as it does on a PSR

Automatically Changing One Touch Settings with the Main Sections (OTS Link)
One Touch Setting (OTS) is a convenient feature that automatically calls up the most appropriate
panel settings (Voices or effects, etc.) for the currently selected Style. When the [OTS LINK] button
is turned on, pressing a different MAIN VARIATION button (A − D) automatically calls up a One
Touch Setting appropriate for the selected Main section.
NOTE
• You can call up the information window to confirm which Voices are prepared for each Main section (A − D) of the current Style by
pressing the [6D] (Info) button. If the button is not shown, press the [8D] (Close) button to call it up. Gray color for a Voice name
indicates that the corresponding part is currently turned off.
• When using the Adaptive Style function (page 51), the OTS is not called up when the Main sections are changed automatically,
even if the [OTS LINK] button is turned on.
• When you change the Voice after the OTS is called up, or when the Main section is changed without pressing any MAIN
VARIATION buttons (such as when using the Adaptive Style function), you can recall the previous OTS by turning the [OTS LINK]
button off and turning it on again.
Adding

dreamitaliano74

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2021, 08:50:17 AM »
have you downloaded all the manuals of the DGX 670?  ...YES

It should be there somewhere something to press or to "tick" for that function to work as it does on a PSR....

unfortunately I did not find anything about it otherwise I would not have asked for it .... I had 2 Genos, 2 Tyros, 4 psr and I have never had this problem,i will use the 4 registration bank,is the same..i tried but the original  sounds setting of the OTS always remain the same..patience

Thanks friend

« Last Edit: April 26, 2021, 08:54:28 AM by dreamitaliano74 »

Offline overover

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2021, 01:06:59 PM »
Hi dreamitaliano74,

the point is: If you work with Registrations, the OTS LINK function must be switched OFF. If OTS LINK is switched ON, the corresponding OTS would always be called up when changing the Main Variation (and this would be loaded instead of the desired Registration).

If you are NOT working with the Registration Memory, but with the OTS (One Touch Settings) of the Styles, you can either leave OTS LINK switched OFF (and select the desired OTS buttons yourself), OR you switch OTS LINK ON (so that the OTS are linked to the Main Variations and are automatically called up when switching the Main Variations).

Toril has already described in detail above how to save your own Voice settings on the OTS buttons. I repeat it here again in my own words:

1) Load the Style you want.

2) Make the desired Voice settings (Right/Left Voices, effects).

3) Press the MEMORY button and then the OTS button on which you want to save the current Voice settings.

4) If desired, repeat steps 2 and 3 to save other Voice settings to the other OTS buttons.

5) Save the STYLE again. To do this, open the Style Selection display and select SAVE. Note that PRESET Styles cannot be overwritten. In the case of Preset Styles, you first have to switch to the User drive or the connected USB stick and then save the new style file THERE.

6) It is important that in the future you will NOT load the PRESET Style concerned, but the EDITED version from the User drive or from the USB stick, because only this contains your changed OTS.

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: April 26, 2021, 01:14:16 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

The following users thanked this post: Graham UK

dreamitaliano74

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2021, 02:25:50 PM »
thanks Chris...but Yamaha how is so complicated...i had for years many Ketron arrangers keyboards and they was very easy to use,save setting,songs in one clik...but ok,now i understood how to do..
grazie

The following users thanked this post: Mike W

Offline Graham UK

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2021, 11:36:04 AM »
Yamaha have changed the DGX670 OS so unlike Yamaha keyboards even the simplest Style editing you have to go through the MENU every time.
Style editing it apears can only be saved as a Registration.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2021, 11:50:05 AM by Graham UK »
DGX670

Offline overover

« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2021, 03:38:14 PM »
thanks Chris...but Yamaha how is so complicated...i had for years many Ketron arrangers keyboards and they was very easy to use,save setting,songs in one clik...but ok,now i understood how to do..
grazie

Thanks for your feedback, dreamitaliano74!

My tip is using Registrations instead of OTS. This is much easier, and you can save much more parameters than in OTS.

- Make the desired panel settings.
- Press Memory, make sure that the needed checkboxes ar ticked, and then press the desired Registration button to save the current settings to it.
- Repeat the first two steps for other Reg buttons.
- Save the Registration Bank.
- Finished!

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.

quasar

« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2021, 03:56:17 AM »
Hi dreamitaliano74,

the point is: If you work with Registrations, the OTS LINK function must be switched OFF. If OTS LINK is switched ON, the corresponding OTS would always be called up when changing the Main Variation (and this would be loaded instead of the desired Registration).

If you are NOT working with the Registration Memory, but with the OTS (One Touch Settings) of the Styles, you can either leave OTS LINK switched OFF (and select the desired OTS buttons yourself), OR you switch OTS LINK ON (so that the OTS are linked to the Main Variations and are automatically called up when switching the Main Variations).

Toril has already described in detail above how to save your own Voice settings on the OTS buttons. I repeat it here again in my own words:

1) Load the Style you want.

2) Make the desired Voice settings (Right/Left Voices, effects).

3) Press the MEMORY button and then the OTS button on which you want to save the current Voice settings.

4) If desired, repeat steps 2 and 3 to save other Voice settings to the other OTS buttons.

5) Save the STYLE again. To do this, open the Style Selection display and select SAVE. Note that PRESET Styles cannot be overwritten. In the case of Preset Styles, you first have to switch to the User drive or the connected USB stick and then save the new style file THERE.

6) It is important that in the future you will NOT load the PRESET Style concerned, but the EDITED version from the User drive or from the USB stick, because only this contains your changed OTS.

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Chris

Hi Chris, is possible to save through OTS feature in DGX 670?

Regards
Carlos

Offline overover

« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2021, 07:38:46 AM »
Hi Chris, is possible to save through OTS feature in DGX 670?

Regards
Carlos

Hi Carlos,

To start with: No, the DGX-670 cannot re-save OTS.

I don't have a DGX-670. When I wrote the first post you quoted here in this thread, I assumed that the DGX-670 (like all PSR-S / SX / Tyros models and Genos) also have OTS buttons. It wasn't until after Graham's post I realized this isn't the case.

Incomprehensibly, Yamaha has omitted the four OTS buttons on the DGX-670. The contained OTS of Styles can only be used in connection with the OTS LINK function, but you cannot (as is usual with all other models) also call up the OTS independently of the current Main Variation. And because of the missing OTS buttons, the OTS cannot be re-saved.

In the Registration Memory window (which is called up when you press the [Memory] button) on the DGX-670 there is no indication of the OTS buttons (which is present on all other models). (See also the attached picture.)

You could change the OTS of Styles on the PC (e.g. with the program "OTS Editor" from our forum member Jørgen Sørensen:
>>> http://www.jososoft.dk/yamaha/software/otseditor/index.htm

However, I recommend simply using the Registration Memory instead. If you like certain OTS panel settings, you can simply memorize them unchanged on a Registration button if necessary. In addition, as has often been mentioned, in OTS by far not as many parameters can be saved as in Registrations.

Best regards,
Chris

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: November 30, 2021, 07:44:18 AM by overover »

quasar

« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2021, 02:56:22 PM »
Thank you Chris for clarify my comment

Regards
Carlos

Offline overover

« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2021, 03:00:20 PM »
Thank you Chris for clarify my comment

Regards
Carlos

You're welcome Carlos!

Best regards,
Chris

« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2022, 09:53:11 PM »
That's Good to know I was curious too. So basically yamaha just set it up the way where you cannot edit the ots for the style like you could in the psr s sx tyros genos it would be nice maybe when Yamaha comes out with the next model DGX-680 i guess they will add that 4 ots Buttons to make it possible.