Author Topic: Any Genos Players use IPad Pro and Songbook+ outside  (Read 12150 times)

Bachus

Re: Any Genos Players use IPad Pro and Songbook+ outside
« Reply #50 on: May 10, 2021, 05:48:34 AM »
Hi Bachus and Eileen

I spotted In the John Lewis store    2020 Apple iPad Pro 12.9", A12Z Bionic, iOS, Wi-Fi, 256gb, Silver    £919 with two year guarantee

Also the new 2021, 12.9 Ipad in Currys will be £1099 for the Silver 12.9  with 256gb
256 gig is the most sensible, but with these machines now you can usb out.
These will be approx in the stores 20th May

I could either go for the John Lewis deal with two year guarantee or wait until the  the 20th May.

I just had a nasty feeling!!! John Lewis is closing a lot of stores in 2021 , so their guarantee will be void if they all go down
John Lewis is in Big Debt

Now, i will wait until the 20th May and go for a 2021 model at Currys . "That is it" :)
Already have the Air turn and as Eileeen says, it is a great page turner.

All the best
John :)

Apple caries the Warranty..

I would wait for the 2021 model, espescially if you want to do anything more then just sheetreading..
(The ipad is the most. Creative musical tool out there) the new model is twice as fast and has more memmory

And even for sheet reading, the new screen which is brighter then the average TV will be a perfect fit when gigging outside..

The question is, can you wait till later this month?
« Last Edit: May 10, 2021, 05:49:58 AM by Bachus »

Offline Bill

« Reply #51 on: May 10, 2021, 09:23:33 AM »
England

Current KB:  YAMAHA GENOS 2

Offline StuartR

« Reply #52 on: May 13, 2021, 06:37:19 PM »
Hi Bachus and Eileen

I spotted In the John Lewis store    2020 Apple iPad Pro 12.9", A12Z Bionic, iOS, Wi-Fi, 256gb, Silver    £919 with two year guarantee

Also the new 2021, 12.9 Ipad in Currys will be £1099 for the Silver 12.9  with 256gb
256 gig is the most sensible, but with these machines now you can usb out.
These will be approx in the stores 20th May

I could either go for the John Lewis deal with two year guarantee or wait until the  the 20th May.

I just had a nasty feeling!!! John Lewis is closing a lot of stores in 2021 , so their guarantee will be void if they all go down
John Lewis is in Big Debt

Now, i will wait until the 20th May and go for a 2021 model at Currys . "That is it" :)
Already have the Air turn and as Eileeen says, it is a great page turner.

All the best
John :)
I got a refurbished 3rd generation Ipad Pro (256GB) for $799 US at the Amazon refurb store. It looks brand new and even included the 4G/LTE cellular radio which I didn't pay for.

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #53 on: May 14, 2021, 12:06:38 AM »
Hi Bachus, Bill, Al and Eileen

I have looked at all possibilities and even looked at the Microsoft surface .
The Ipad 12.9 always comes out tops.. Not sure about re-furbished ones though. Could be dodgy.
Yes,  is the answer. I can wait a couple more weeks.
The new ipads spec looks fantastic.
Because of this covid and staying home i have saved quite a lot not eating out and going to football matches and theatre.
Also no holidays.
The worry now is the Indian covid spreading. I have been jabbed twice now :P :P :P.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2021, 09:42:27 AM by ugawoga »
Genos, I7 computer 32 gig ram, Focusrite 6i6, Cubase controller, Focal Alpha Monitors, Yamaha DXR8 Speakers
Cubase 10, Sonarworks, Izotope.  Sampletank, Arturia and Korg software.  Now IK Mixbox

Offline reya

« Reply #54 on: November 13, 2022, 08:58:27 AM »
Hi Rudy

This has been going on some time now and i would love Mobile Sheets to be developed for the Ipad . A great program
Has it gone into beta testing yet?

All the Best
John

Hi John,

I know this is a very old post but I just wanted to let you know that MobileSheets for iOS has just gone into beta testing. (will run on iOS 13.6 or higher)

Rudy
Genos 1, PSR SX900, Roland PK6, Ketron SD1000
MSI Cubi 5 mini pc with IIyama prolite 24" touchscreen, MobileSheets