Genos (12 Boards) > Genos - General

Any Genos Players use IPad Pro and Songbook+ outside

<< < (2/11) > >>

henrycar:
Al Ram, cut you give us more information about the "Quicco Sound mi.1".
 Can't see it on Amazon.

Thanks

jtrue:
I'm with RIck D.  Using the Apple camera adapter and a USB cable is simple, reliable and cheap enough to buy a spare set for any emergency.  I don't have a Genos and am unsure which USB cable type is best for that instrument but this is the one I use with my PSR-S910: 
https://www.amazon.com/StarTech-com-USBAB1MR-Right-Angle-Cable/dp/B00FP32HI0/ref=sr_1_1
It has a right-angle connection for the keyboard so the cable can remain in place when the instrument is put in its case.  The camera adapter stays in the iPad, too, and all the connection/disconnection action is done where the USB cable meets the camera adapter.  In this way, the sockets on the keyboard and iPad are saved from any wear and tear and if anything goes wrong it is most likely that you will only have to replace an inexpensive cable or adapter, not face a costly repair to the keyboard or iPad.

j.

Al Ram:

--- Quote from: henrycar on April 24, 2021, 04:56:55 PM ---Al Ram, cut you give us more information about the "Quicco Sound mi.1".
 Can't see it on Amazon.

--- End quote ---

It looks like the Quicco adapter . . . . . it is hard to get . . . . i found a couple on ebay . . . . .

https://www.ebay.com/itm/133735171591?hash=item1f233cc607:g:hFYAAOSwSPhgfwSP

You can look it up on Youtube to see it physically and how it works . . . .  for me it has worked great.  You can also use the Yamaha wireless one or the wired solution using the apple camera adapter described by Rick.  I have used them all . . . . . . currently using the Quicco . . . . because it is always on the Genos . . . no need to connect disconnect anything . . . . . .

Have a great day

ugawoga:
Hi
I have a Hp21 slate and nowadays it is slow as a zx Spectrum ,even using mobile sheets and virus protection

I know people use an Ipad  and song book.
I am wondering what people think of getting a Samsung 10.5 tablet which can also be used with Air turn.
The advantages of an android of this type is that it has a usb socket which to me is ultra handy. Easy to save things.
With an ipad you have to faff about with saving stuff from it through itunes  and sometimes that can be frustrating when you hit problems.
My other half has an ipad , but i am not enthralled with it. No usb for quick saving to external drive for backups
Does anyone use a Samsung android??. Are they as good as an ipad??

All the best
john :)

Rick D.:
ugawoga,

What you state is true about using iTunes to load sheet music on an iPad, but supposedly they are doing away with it. We have to wait in see. Songbook+ has other ways to load sheet music as well, like from an email.

The biggest downside of the Samsung is that Yamaha make no software that works on Android, so you are limited to what you can use it for with the Genos.

Rick D.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version