PSR Keyboards (11 Boards) > PSR-S975/S775

Which is better ?

(1/4) > >>

Ton Antheunisse:
I own the psr S975 for a while now and to be honest , I don't like it at all , my mistake for buying it !!
I do read a lot of good things about the psr SX900, so , is any member able to tell me if I should make the swap or buy a 2nd hand Tyros 4 or 5 ?  I used to own the 5 and I should have kept it  :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Cheers,

Ton

Fred Smith:

--- Quote from: Ton Antheunisse on April 22, 2021, 07:40:14 AM ---I own the psr S975 for a while now and to be honest , I don't like it at all , my mistake for buying it !!
I do read a lot of good things about the psr SX900, so , is any member able to tell me if I should make the swap or buy a 2nd hand Tyros 4 or 5 ?  I used to own the 5 and I should have kept it

--- End quote ---

You need to tell us what you don’t like about the 975 so posters can take that into account.

Cheers,
Fred

Jeff Hollande:
Hi Ton  :

I had the same problem question in January 2021.😜

I discussed this issue with another Dutch pro musician and he convinced me to buy the SX900.
I followed his advice and once I owned the SX900 I found out I made the right decision.

Wish you good luck with your choice ! 😃

Best regards from The Netherlands, JH

johan:
Both Tyros 5 and SX900 (and even the SX700 to a certain extent) would be a huge improvement for you compared to the S975. The SX900 of course has a much friendlier interface than the Tyros thanks to the touch screen. If you want to compare how they sound, I suggest you look at the following video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAoy7N2AMT4&t=519s

RobertM:
Hello Ton,
I've had the S975, T5, and now the SX900. Subjective for each:-

T5  + Nice mellow sounds. Organ world and ensemble voices. Well supported with packs. Tilting screen.
T5 -  No integral speakers. Had a few crashes which I thought may have been due to inadequate processor or memory. Happens when using ensemble voices.

S975 a much brighter instrument and I used it in preference to the T5 when I had both. Integral speakers. Screen OK for twin setup. In my opinion a MUCH better recorder and Music Finder, though no mp3.

SX900  a terrific instrument
+ Good styles and voices.  Integral speakers. The new OS does take getting used to........reckon on several months... Speakers not bad but a set of auxilliary makes it a lot better. Mine are Behringer Studio 50s.
-  The DREADFUL non-tilting screen, especially for a twin, and an awful music finder and recorder.

To sum, yes, the SX900 in the end is better than both the others in my oinion, but be prepared to get used to it and put up with things that should have been better.

Regards,
Robert.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version