The PSR Tutorial Forum (5 Boards) > Hello Everyone!

Greetings from Denmark

(1/2) > >>

Shubid:
Hello all – new guy here!

When I was 9 years old in '77 I started playing the electric organ, as it was called in those days. It had just one row of keys, and when you turned it on it sounded like a vacuum cleaner. Later I got a Hammond (don't remember the model) and then switched to a Yamaha C-40.

My gigging days started in '87 playing a Hohner GP 93M. In '95 my job situation forced me to move and eventhough I bought a Roland Va-7 in 2001, I never got back to gigging.

3 years ago I tried out a PSR-S975 along with a Korg PA1000. I thought the acoustic guitars in the Korg was better, so I chose the Korg. I never really got used to the Korg system though, and sadly, I have not been playing much lately.

Whenever I have had trouble in my life, it seems that I could always turn to the music for comfort, and I really miss playing and especially gigging. I want to get out there again, and I think part of my way could be an SX900, so I ordered one. Unfortunately, it seems to be stuck somewhere, could be in the Suez  8)  Well, I guess it will arrive here eventually.

Happy to be here – have a fantastic day!

MadrasGiaguari:
Dear Shubid,

welcome in this fantastic Forum, where you will be able to find many answers to your doubts regarding the complex operation of the powerful arriving baby!

I have Genos, and love it. But it took several months to decide between Genos and SX900, because of its price/quality ratio, transportability and of the onboard excellent speakers, considering that the sound quality and basic features are not to far from Genos, for an average player.

I also had an Hammond (L122R) with Leslie cabinet, and started in the 60's with Farfisa organs, at that time the best combo organs in the world.
For about 20 years I had Korg worships only, very good. But Lately I turned to Yamaha, and liked the easy approach of the operating system, sounds and styles. I believe that Genos and SX900, in their respective market range, are the best choice today.

Today good arrangers  are unbelievably powerful comparing to the early instruments, and I'm sure you will intensively enjoy you SX900.

Waiting for your keyboard to arrive, I would suggest you to download the Owner's Manual, in pdf format, and start to familiarize with the various functions and commands. Once you will have the keyboard, you can go deeper with the Reference Manual, for more advanced features.
This Forum will be very precious to learn what -often- is not enough clear in the manuals, and also to discover tips and tricks from experienced Forum members.

So, welcome again!

Ciao

Angelo

MadrasGiaguari:
Here is the link to SX900 page of Yamaha Europe from where you may download both the Owner's and Reference manuals (in the MANUALS section)

https://europe.yamaha.com/en/products/musical_instruments/keyboards/arranger_workstations/psr-sx900/downloads.html#product-tabs

Hope this may help your waiting....

Angelo

Toril S:
Welcome Shubid! Greeting from Norway. En hilsen fra Norge😀

Jørgen:
Hi.
Welcome here in the very best forum worldwide from another Dane .
Jørgen

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version