Author Topic: Dr Who Theme ( not strictly a Genos demo) but i used some Genos adapted styles  (Read 8109 times)

Hi Folks I would never usually put an Sx900 video on here but I actually used a few style pinches from the Genos to create this piece so thought you folks on here would like to hear what I am up to with the SX900....I truly love this keyboard and although i said i would not be upgrading to a Genos am starting to think I may have to purely for the polyphony which I am struggling with for many of my Classical pieces which also include drums and voices....so forgive me just this one....hope you also enjoy the video effects. I've only been at the video editing side for just 5 weeks now as just used to film myself playing but more and more requested higher quality video's and sound...   anyone guess what styles I pinched from the Genos!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMafQdaX5Vg

The following users thanked this post: peterm, Esa, pchan, Colin D

Offline EileenL

Brilliant..

The following users thanked this post: dalekwars

Offline mikf

Not sure how familiar people outside UK would be with Dr Who, but its a terrific version of the theme. Worth listening to whether you know Dr Who or not because it really explores the synth like voices of the SX, and of course it is perfectly played.
Mike

Offline Del B

Excellent arraangement and well played David

Offline motekmusic

Fantastic playing and arrangement.

Also have that super sx900 which can really deliver .

Would be interested in those pinched styles.

Thanks so much

cheers
elaine
\\\"I have suffered for my music, now it\\\'s your turn\\\"   Neil Innes

Hi Elaine...no problem I will dig them out and PM details etc or just share on the tutorial...Actually Mike I think Dr Who is pretty well known world wide and has a massive fan base with the sci fi fans in the US ....there have been so many versions of it on the actuall show and the original theme and all those to date have been 6/8 so I decided of course to make it 4/4 lol

ps I should add that on this very PSR tutorial are some of the best styles I have ever used and all courtesy of Omacimus.  I have thanked him many times and he literally seems to spend his whole life re-working styles from all the Yamaha arranger keyboards and they are just first rate.  Back when I had my PSR S950 he gave us all the styles from the Genos obviously re-tweaked to play and I can remember being like a kid in a sweetie shop and so excited...that is why I will never go to another brand much as I like some of the Korg arrangers the style support for Yamaha is second to none....although and a little moan coming if they are listening....please please more movie and show themes from all genres...as the ones you do are fantastic but only a few real originals added every few years as I have watched them all through out my PSr and Tyros use...more please!!!

Offline Colin D

Hi Folks I would never usually put an Sx900 video on here but I actually used a few style pinches from the Genos to create this piece so thought you folks on here would like to hear what I am up to with the SX900....I truly love this keyboard and although i said i would not be upgrading to a Genos am starting to think I may have to purely for the polyphony which I am struggling with for many of my Classical pieces which also include drums and voices....so forgive me just this one....hope you also enjoy the video effects. I've only been at the video editing side for just 5 weeks now as just used to film myself playing but more and more requested higher quality video's and sound...   anyone guess what styles I pinched from the Genos!!!

that’s truly amazing

Previous, Technics E44, E66, U90, G7, GX7 G100, Tyros 2, Tyros 5, now Genos,

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNozAL1Whf-t4TJY5wPK57Q

Offline mikf

Colin - a side issue but I don’t think you quite have got the hang of using the quote box. If you select the post you want to quote, then touch “quote” above it, a response box opens where you can type in a response. If you set your cursor after the quote, then hit return you can type your response on a new line outside the quote box. That way your response is clearly separated from the bit you are quoting.
You can also edit the quote down to whatever is relevant, especially good where the original post you are responding to is long. Just use the cursor to position then delete what you don’t need.
If you then hit preview you can see exactly how it looks before you post.
If you look at the next post where I quoted part of this post you will see what I mean.
Cheers
Mike

Offline mikf

..... set your cursor after the quote, then hit return you can type your response on a new line outside the quote box. That way your response is clearly separated .......
Now it looks like this with my response separated. Hope this is helpful.
Mike

Offline ugawoga

Hi M8

Job well done and with a different stamp that you put on it. 100%
It is also harder than people think pressing knobs and sliders all over the place and still getting the music on song.
Keep up the Great work

All the Best
John :)
Genos, I7 computer 32 gig ram, Focusrite 6i6, Cubase controller, Focal Alpha Monitors, Yamaha DXR8 Speakers
Cubase 10, Sonarworks, Izotope.  Sampletank, Arturia and Korg software.  Now IK Mixbox

Offline AndyB

Briliant.
Thank you for the insperation to try different style's. watched ALL the youtube videos.

Regards Andy
Technics KN650, Technics KN7000, Tyros 4 SE, Tyros 5

Offline mikf

I think we can all push buttons and move sliders, takes no talent at all. What we can’t do is play like David. Buttons and sliders is the easy bit.  :D
Mike

djp

Really enjoyed that would you mind which rhythm did you use
I have a genos
Kind regards

Sorry....

I like the result a lot but ....

Not sure you are really playing ... So difficult to congratulate you ....

(For example at 0:39 we hear D Bb A, and you play G Bb A
Then we hear C G A, and you play C Bb A ....)

Soundphase.

Offline Ryszard Bieszczad

Brilliant, David! ;D

Ryszard
A day without making music is a lost day :)
https://psrtutorial.com/perf/ryszard.html