Author Topic: How to select voices and create new pack from multiple packs ?  (Read 2927 times)

Offline sunny

Friends,

I have 10 to 20 Genos expansion packs, eack pack about 1 GB but i play only few voices in eack expansion pack, Now i wan't to select only required voices in each pack and create a new expansion pack of my own favorite voices selected from different packs.
Please let me know how to do this. Please advise.

Thanks,
Sunny
« Last Edit: April 16, 2021, 11:39:56 AM by sunny »

Offline Normanfernandez

Re: How to select voices and create new pack from multiple packs ?
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2021, 12:54:53 PM »
You'll have to do this in Yamaha Expansion Manager.
Norman Fernandez Keyboardplayer
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCngm8h5k5NmKnowJpkxlDBQ

PSR S770 - Roland FP 30 - PSR 280
Cubase - Kontakt6

Offline DerekA

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2021, 02:09:25 PM »
I'm assuming up to now, you've just directly installed the individual packs onto Genos without using YEM.

So, download and install YEM. Open it and import all the packs into it.

Within YEM, all you need to do is ensure just the voices you want have a green tick next to them, and that the ones you don't want - don't. You can mix and match from as many packs as you want. Just keep an eye on the big bar at the top which shows the total size of all selected voices. Then export the selection as a new ppi/cpi to install to Genos.

Offline sunny

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2021, 04:12:54 PM »
I'm assuming up to now, you've just directly installed the individual packs onto Genos without using YEM.

So, download and install YEM. Open it and import all the packs into it.

Within YEM, all you need to do is ensure just the voices you want have a green tick next to them, and that the ones you don't want - don't. You can mix and match from as many packs as you want. Just keep an eye on the big bar at the top which shows the total size of all selected voices. Then export the selection as a new ppi/cpi to install to Genos.

Thank you very much for your help., as i never thought that we can select our own voices with green tick.

Sunny

Offline Normanfernandez

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2021, 05:30:00 PM »
That's the idea of creating Packs
Norman Fernandez Keyboardplayer
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCngm8h5k5NmKnowJpkxlDBQ

PSR S770 - Roland FP 30 - PSR 280
Cubase - Kontakt6