Author Topic: Psr 500  (Read 10254 times)

latinodale@gmail.com

Psr 500
« on: April 15, 2021, 05:01:56 PM »
Hi y'all. I am trying to find a way to download the voices from this model PSR 500 keyboard. It's Steel Guitar is the only one I've ever found that sounds like a real steel guitar. I have other yamaha products but this voice has never been replicated. How can I find it as a download to use in my daw?
Thanks,
Dale

karmapala

Re: Psr 500
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2021, 07:35:09 AM »
Sorry if I'm not helping here.

I've experienced a similar thing like you.
I like the piano sound of my PSR, but there is no PSR's piano sound vst.

So for the time being, in Cakewalk I made the midi notes/music,
then output it to the PSR with its piano sound,
then from the PSR audio out I put it to the line-input of my PC,
then record it in Cakewalk's audio track.

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2021, 09:29:59 PM »
I don't know if it is allowed to paste links from Google Drive here, but I have sounds from the PSS-51 (brother of the PSR400 and PSR500) in the sf2 format as samples. I can't say if there is that instrument in this kit.

A YouTube channel called "JolykYa" made this soundfont and you can find it by searching there.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2021, 09:32:40 PM by mateus1995 »

Offline Toril S

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2021, 10:18:32 PM »
You can post links to any file sharing service.
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

ekurburski

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2021, 09:34:43 PM »
I too miss the steel guitar from my former psr500.  I agree that is was the best steel I ever found and would love to have that one sound again.  I would almost be inclined to buy a used 500 (if I could find one) and use it as a second kb for that one sound.

Offline Toril S

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2021, 10:37:41 PM »
Hello friends :)
Are you sure that the steel guitar is not in the legacy folder of your keyboards?
Go to the voice selection display of guitar, then press up arrow to find legacy voices.
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2021, 05:20:01 PM »
Here's the link. Sorry for the delay, I was away from the forum for a while.

Credits to "JolykYa". (YouTube channel | https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=heCdxKWDBhI&t=187s)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TF3DgZ2t2v9JfM8vMU5iWLXEhWKIixlc/view?usp=sharing
« Last Edit: July 10, 2021, 05:21:54 PM by mateus1995 »

The following users thanked this post: wersianer, Amwilburn, balcino

Offline overover

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2021, 11:49:27 PM »
Hi Mateus,

Thank you for providing this soundfont! :)

@all
The download size of the soundfont file "YAMAHA pss-51.sf2" is about 40 MB. The .sf2 file can either be imported into the YEM as a Pack (My Packs > Import Pack), or you can first create a new, empty Pack and then import the .sf2 file using "Import Content".

The Pack contains a large number of Voices, whereby it should be noted that each Voice is available as a "Normal Voice" as well as a "Drum Voice" (!)

I have attached a picture with the listing of the Voices (screenshot from the YEM).

Best regards,
Chris

[attachment deleted by admin]
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

The following users thanked this post: wersianer

Offline travlin-easy

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2021, 06:40:31 PM »
Unfortunately, the PSR500 does not support downloading of styles or voices. However, all of the newer keyboards have a built-in program called voice creator that allows you to modify any voice in the keyboard, and thereby create or duplicate the sound you enjoyed in the PSR500  for all these years. I have done this many times, it takes a bit of creativity and work, but it can be done.

BTW: The keyboard that I first used as an onstage entertainer was a PSR500, in combination with a PSR-5700. The 5700 had the best vibes and piano sounds of any keyboard ever produced including those being made today - it was just awesome.

Good luck,

Gary 8)
Love Those Yammies...

ekurburski

« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2021, 05:23:13 AM »
Just purchased a psr85 (same as a Psr500) on ebay.   I have no idea of how I can get the steel guitar sound of it but will attempt to do so when I get it.

ekurburski

« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2021, 02:03:55 AM »
 :(Well, guess I didn't order that after all.  **** ebay!

Offline Joe H

« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2021, 03:13:34 PM »
Hi Mateus,

Thank you for providing this soundfont! :)

@all
The download size of the soundfont file "YAMAHA pss-51.sf2" is about 40 MB. The .sf2 file can either be imported into the YEM as a Pack (My Packs > Import Pack), or you can first create a new, empty Pack and then import the .sf2 file using "Import Content".

The Pack contains a large number of Voices, whereby it should be noted that each Voice is available as a "Normal Voice" as well as a "Drum Voice" (!)

I have attached a picture with the listing of the Voices (screenshot from the YEM).

Best regards,
Chris

It should also be noted that once you import the SF2 samples and save as a pack, you can delete voices you don't want and save again under a new name.  It's possible to have just 1 or 2 Voices in a pack if that's all you are interested in.

I have created packs from SF2 samples.  There is a lot of work to make them arranger compatible.  The COMMON parameter settings will be loaded into you keyboard as the Voice Set file. Common parameters that will need to be set (for R1, R2 and Left) are octave, DSP settings, and Volume.

Joe H
« Last Edit: August 11, 2021, 03:17:47 PM by Joe H »
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads in registrations. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

Offline Osbermusic

« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2022, 08:03:58 PM »
someone from the lining will have the pss 51 or psr 500 stylos that they can share