Author Topic: Refurbished EW410 with 90 day warranty????  (Read 3661 times)

Offline Piano Tone

Refurbished EW410 with 90 day warranty????
« on: April 14, 2021, 05:50:00 PM »
Hey there!  Quick question - anyone had experience buying a refurbished PSR board for a big discount with a 90 warranty (from a reputable retailer)?  I've been considering a PSRE373 or EW310 for the 76 keys, but this EW410 just popped up on my radar for the same price as the 310 (with considerably more features not to mention L/R line outs . . .)

Thoughts? 

Argento

Re: Refurbished EW410 with 90 day warranty????
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2021, 07:53:50 PM »
I have a EW410, its a great keyboard!
I personally never buyed a refurbished keyboard, but i did so with another electronics, (notebooks, garmin gps, digital cameras) and never ever i have a problem with that (obviously i buyed on the "official" store (Sony, HP, etc)
If the retailer is well known (a business , and not a random guy selling on ebay), i dont see any problem with that, it's has been tested, and the offer you warranty if any problem arises!!
I dont see any problem with that, go for it if you want it!

Offline DerekA

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2021, 09:20:58 AM »
If the retailer is well known (a business , and not a random guy selling on ebay), i dont see any problem with that, it's has been tested, and the offer you warranty if any problem arises!!
I dont see any problem with that, go for it if you want it!

I bought a small keyboard from a well known UK dealer last year that had a "Refurbished by Yamaha" sticker on it, and it was absolutely fine (no issues at all)

Offline SciNote

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2021, 07:00:51 AM »
I agree here.  I would say that a keyboard from a good manufacturer like Yamaha, sold by a reputable dealer, and with a warranty, should be fine.  One of my keyboards -- my Casio CDP-200R electronic piano with weighted keys, is refurbished.  I got it in 2011, it cost about half of what a new one would've cost, and it has been fine for the 10 years that I've had it.
Bob
Current: Yamaha PSR-E433 (x2), Roland GAIA SH-01, Casio CDP-200R, Casio MT-68 (wired to bass pedals)
Past: Yamaha PSR-520, PSR-510, PSR-500, DX-7, D-80 home organ, and a few Casios

Offline vbdx66

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2021, 09:05:02 AM »
Hi Bob,

This is interesting. I didn’t realised you had a Casio CDP. How would you compare the keynaction and the build quality of the keybed with those of your PSR E433, which dates approximately from the same era?

My Casio CT-X800 is only two years old and the keybed, which was very nice for one month, rapidly became clacky and the touch sensitive sounds esp. the pianos got distorted.

Regards,

Vinciane
Past keyboards: PSR E313, PSR E413, PSR E433, PSR S550, DGX 640, upright piano.
Now: DGX 650, Casio CT-X800.

Offline SciNote

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2021, 10:14:49 AM »
Well, this particular example would be apples and oranges, because my Casio CDP-200R has weighted keys, not synth/organ style keys.  As a weighted-key model, it is very good.  It is, in fact, graded hammer action.  I haven't seen it advertised as such, but there is clearly less force required to play the higher-pitched keys than the lower-pitched keys.

But for my limited experience with the newer Casio portable keyboards with non-weighted keys, I definitely agree with you.  When I play them in a store, they feel kind of "springy" and "spongy" to me.  The newer models seem better than the older ones, but in my opinion, nowhere near as nice as the key feel on my PSR-E433, or even the newer models like the E463, which, as we've talked about on here before, has a slightly less satisfying action than the E433.

It seems that Casio is trying to get a semi-weighted feel to try to simulate the feel of a piano in a portable keyboard -- including the waterfall style keys -- but I don't think it really goes over very well.  They should just go back to a good, solid synth/organ type feel for portable keyboards.  Interestingly, on their website, they are getting ready to introduce some new models, including a CT-S 400, which seems like it has many of the features of something like the PSR-E433, but without live-control knobs.  I don't think it has filter and envelope controls, either, but I'm not sure.  It will be interesting to take a closer look at it, but of course, I can't imagine replacing my PSR-E433 with it, especially if it doesn't have filter and envelope controls.
Bob
Current: Yamaha PSR-E433 (x2), Roland GAIA SH-01, Casio CDP-200R, Casio MT-68 (wired to bass pedals)
Past: Yamaha PSR-520, PSR-510, PSR-500, DX-7, D-80 home organ, and a few Casios

Offline tyros2009

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2021, 03:16:20 PM »
In US, I bought quite a few low end Yamaha keyboards PSR E series from local Craiglist listing, and only if the asking price is low (1/3 to 2/5 the price of new one). Never had any issue with these no matter how old they are.
About to buy a second hand EW410 (for its 76-key), if my PSR E463 order (brand new) did not go thru.
Korg PA-50, Yamaha YPG-235, E443, EW410, YPT400, Tyros3, Genos, Medeli AKX10, S770

Offline tyros2009

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2021, 10:52:04 PM »
I just bought a second hand EW410 (less than 12 months old, still as new) for 1/2 price of a brand new one.
New one has tax, second one has not.
I am quite confident that it will work well for years as my other much older Yamaha keyboards (also second hand or 3rd hand).
Most of people who sell them on Craig List have no use for them, or do not even know how to play.
Korg PA-50, Yamaha YPG-235, E443, EW410, YPT400, Tyros3, Genos, Medeli AKX10, S770