Author Topic: How do we sort in a Playlist & what is the numeric "1" in the title entry.?  (Read 2172 times)

Offline dlepera

I see that there is a lot of discussion on playlists lately. I have 2 questions on the same subject.

1. How do I sort by titles in the playlist?  I initially created a playlist from one Regit folder. Late I added 100 more from another Regit folder. It would be nice if everything could be sorted in Alpha Ascending order merging all entries(mine are all alpha titles).

2. I also have all the entries from the first Regit folder load into the Playlist with a numeric "1"  to the far right of the title.  Why is this?

Worse case I guess, I can merge the two folders on my PC, sort, then erase everything in the Playlist and reload from the newly created folder. Correct, or will my keyboard get upset with files moved around on the USB?

Thanks in advance for your support.         dom
Life is a learning experience and sharing it is it's biggest reward!

Offline EileenL

You can move things around in the playlist by using the Up and Down buttons on the right of Screen to put them in your playing order. Once you have it right then resave it.

Offline Fred Smith

2. The "1" in the Playlist means registration button #1 will be activated when you load it.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline dlepera

I was afraid that you would say that about the sorting...  It is rather a pain to move lots of things around one at a time.  I was hoping that it would have been a simple thing like "sort A"  Sort "D".  But your suggestion works fine.

Thank you Eileen and Fred for your quick response. All the best! dom

Offline Fred Smith

I was afraid that you would say that about the sorting...  It is rather a pain to move lots of things around one at a time.  I was hoping that it would have been a simple thing like "sort A"  Sort "D".  But your suggestion works fine.

A playlist is a simple TSV (tab separated values) file, so it can easily be manipulated on a PC. I use Google Sheets which seems to handle these files the best.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline overover

Hi Dom,

with the Genos, the update V2.0 has added a function for alphabetical sorting Playlists (see also the attached image). On SX900/700, this function is obviously not yet implemented.

However, as already mentioned by Fred, you could import the Playlist file (.tsv) in question to a suitable computer program (for example, Excel), sort the list as desired and then save again as a .tsv file (text file with tab separated values).

Alternatively you can use Vali's PC (Windows) Program "Yamaha Playlist Manager" (which was called "Genos Playlist Worker" before). You can sort a Playlist "by Song name" or "by Registration bank file name".

The current version of "Yamaha Playlist Manager" (V1.0.11) is compatible with Genos and also with PSR-SX900/700:
>>> https://mvsoft.Weebly.com/yamaha-playlist-manager.html

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Chris

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: April 12, 2021, 10:44:44 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline dlepera

Good suggestions.  Did not consider the computer options as I am always afraid to move anything around on my USB on the computer for fear that I might loose my registrations(hundreds of them).  I spent lots of time having to redo my registrations when I fist got my SX700 and was learning the file system and moving styles, pads, etc to keep things sorted in what I thought was fine, only to find from all your previous comments that we don't move, merge, rename, etc folders and expect my registration files to find those new paths.
   The first half of my playlist came from the Yamaha Playlist sample, then I added my own accumulated registration entries(load into playlist) and that is why things are kind of out of "sort".
  The easiest would be to merge the Yamaha Playlist(registrations) sample with mine, sort on my laptop and then reload into the playlist.  I also keep a copy into the "USER" area of the keyboard so I would  have to sync things up in that regit file folders there too.

On a side note, how would I know when there is a firmware/software update for my laptop?

Thanks.                  dom

« Last Edit: April 13, 2021, 04:49:54 PM by dlepera »