Author Topic: Change voice of a registration  (Read 3671 times)

Offline adrianed

Change voice of a registration
« on: April 10, 2021, 10:14:17 PM »
Hi folks
My second question today, you might think I should know everything about registrations by now after having the keyboard for many years
All my registrations have the style that want for the whole bank Set in the first button ie No 1
Sometimes I want to change the voice only in that first registration without altering anything else
Which boxes should I tick in the group select box so that I only change the voice in that first reg leaving the style the same
Adrian
« Last Edit: April 10, 2021, 10:15:44 PM by adrianed »

Online Fred Smith

Re: Change voice of a registration
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2021, 10:26:23 PM »
Hi folks
My second question today, you might think I should know everything about registrations by now after having the keyboard for many years
All my registrations have the style that want for the whole bank Set in the first button ie No 1
Sometimes I want to change the voice only in that first registration without altering anything else
Which boxes should I tick in the group select box so that I only change the voice in that first reg leaving the style the same
Adrian

Just the Voice box.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline EileenL

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2021, 10:39:52 PM »
You can use Freeze button for this also.

Offline adrianed

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2021, 02:36:56 AM »
Thankyou Fred
That is a big help
It’s hard to get around everything by yourself so it’s nice to get help
Best regards
Adrian
Nice to know you are keeping well these difficult times

Offline adrianed

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2021, 02:42:03 AM »
Hi Eileen,
Thankyou for that tip, couldn’t see how freeze would help in this case but having said that I do need do a bit of readup about freezing
Thankyou again
Best wishes
Adrian

Offline mikf

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2021, 04:26:34 AM »
if you select a registration and then change the voice, why would anything else change?  I dont see why you have to freeze or do anything?
Mike

Offline keyplayer

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2021, 10:21:10 AM »
If the style was saved in the original registration I'm sure you need to check the style box before you save again, otherwise the style won't be saved in the new registration.
Pam

Online Fred Smith

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2021, 01:22:03 PM »
If the style was saved in the original registration I'm sure you need to check the style box before you save again, otherwise the style won't be saved in the new registration.
Pam

Correct. The OP does not want the style changed, therefore does not want the Style box checked.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ

Offline keyplayer

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2021, 03:48:32 PM »
Correct. The OP does not want the style changed, therefore does not want the Style box checked.

Cheers,
Fred

Hi Fred, having thought about this I can now see that I'm assuming (wrongly?) the OP wants to change the voice permanently and save the whole bank to use another time, in which case if he hasn't checked the style box when re-saving the 1st registration he will find the style is no longer there when he goes back to use that bank again.
If he only wants to change the voice for a one off use of the bank at that particular time then I agree he doesn't need to check the style box when saving the 1st registration.
Pam

Online Fred Smith

« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2021, 03:59:05 PM »
Adrian

Adrian,

It looks like I may have misread your post.

There’s no way you can selectively change one registration button (ie, change the voices but leave everything else in that button as is). If you re-memorize a button, you must check all the boxes that you want that button to remember.

The easiest way is to load the button, make the voice changes, then re-memorize, ensuring all the appropriate boxes are checked.

Hope this helps,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ

Offline JoJaBo

« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2021, 07:37:42 PM »
Hello Adrian,
There is a posibility to chance almost everything in a registration, including individual voices, style, tempo, etc.
On "https://psrtutorial.com/util/best.html" you will find a program called "Yamaha Registration Manager".
The autor is "Murray Best".
It's a Windows-program. English documentation is available.
Perhaps this program can solve your problem.
Greetings,
Johan

Offline adrianed

« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2021, 10:22:15 PM »
Thankyou Fred,
Thankyou for the correction
I tried to say it clearly, I want to change the voice on the first registration but keep the style,
The style should then continue to run when I move on to use the other voices in the remaining buttons in the bank.
The reason for this is that I liked the style but didn’t like any of the 4voices that came with it.
It seemed easier to put the whole style including one of its voices into position one of the bank then change the voice only in that position later
Then as I use the other positions in the bank ie no 2, 3, etc the style would continue to run with the different voices I have set in those bank positions
This is to be a permentl change so I memorise it with its song name as usual for use on another day
Sorry about the long explanation , what seems clear to ourselves is not always clear to others
Adrian
« Last Edit: April 11, 2021, 11:55:07 PM by adrianed »

Offline adrianed

« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2021, 10:30:39 PM »
Hi Johan,
I am aware of Murray’s program but I am only doing a very small change that the keyboard allows me to do,
It was just the procedure the was unclear to me
Thankyou for your suggestion
Adrian