Tyros Keyboards (5 Boards) > Tyros 5 (SFF2)

How can I transmit the keyboard sound to an amp without cables

(1/5) > >>

adrianed:
Hi folks,
Has anyone found a device to play the keyboard audio on their lounge audio system without the cables
It would need a sending unit plugged into the Keyboard speaker outlets or possibly the line out and a receiver plugged into the stereo input
I am looking for something like this so as to eliminate the need for running wires around the room
Adrian

Toril S:
Your problem with this is latency. The signal from your keyboard will take a little while to reach your speakers. This is troublesome when playing live. So stick to the cables, but do not trip over them😀

jdup:
Toril, I respect your response, and you may be correct. But why can other instruments go wireless (i.e., guitars) successfully?

Jim D.

mikf:
 You cannot use the most common wireless system, Bluetooth, because that has significant latency.
But there are some proprietary wireless systems that have no significant latency, because wireless mics and other instruments use them. The Boss WL system for example. Most of these systems are designed for guitar and bass players, but don’t see why it would not work for a keyboard. I am not sure how good the quality would be, but it might work quite well. I think the best way forward would be to talk with someone at a really good music/audio store and get advice.
Mike

Toril S:
Thanks Mike. I will talk to my music store. I have a pair of really good wireless speakers, but they are bluetooth. However, they have other options of connectivity too, so this is worth looking into! There are far too many wires (to trip over!) in my home!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version