Author Topic: "Romance Latino" Pack for PSR S950  (Read 2221 times)

Offline nando

"Romance Latino" Pack for PSR S950
« on: October 17, 2023, 10:16:19 AM »
Hello from Spain.
Although I have been a member of this forum for years, this is my first post. Does anyone have the "Romance Latino" pack converted for PSR S950? Where can I get it?
Thank you.

Edit: "Latin Romance" changed to correct spelling "Romance Latino" by overover
« Last Edit: October 17, 2023, 01:36:34 PM by overover »

Offline BogdanH

Re: "Romance Latino" Pack for PSR S950
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2023, 11:11:07 AM »
hello nando,
I have this pack. Give me a PM with your eMail and I will send it to you.

Bogdan
PSR-SX700 on K&M-18820 stand
Playing for myself on Youtube

Offline overover

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2023, 02:01:50 PM »
Hello from Spain.
Although I have been a member of this forum for years, this is my first post. Does anyone have the "Romance Latino" pack converted for PSR S950? Where can I get it?
Thank you.

Welcome to the PSR Tutorial forum, nando!

The "Romance Latino" pack is available for SX900, SX700 and SX600 (in non-protected .ppf format) and can also be used for Genos, Tyros5 and PSR-S970/975/770/775/670.

To my knowledge, there is no (easy) way to "convert" the Custom Voices of a .ppf pack into the YEP format for using on PSR-S950.

But you can use the Styles and Multi Pads of the "Romance Latino" pack on your S950. (You may need to change Voices of some Style parts or OTS.)

Please click the following link to download these Styles and Multi Pads:
>>> https://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/topic,60783.msg467420.html#msg467420

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: October 17, 2023, 05:37:54 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline BogdanH

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2023, 04:10:12 PM »
hi Chris,
ah.. just checked -I wasn't aware that Yamaha still offers some packs in ppf format. And about converting custom voices, you're absolutely right (again).
I don't have this pack installed on keyboard right now, but I can see that there's only one voice and two Cuban percussion kits. Voice is not used in any style (is there only for MultiPads I guess), and Cuban kits are only used in three styles.
In few styles PSR-SX specific voices are used for Intros & Endings, but main variations of all styles should play just fine on PSR-S950 I think.

Bogdan
PSR-SX700 on K&M-18820 stand
Playing for myself on Youtube

Offline nando

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2023, 06:14:11 PM »
Thank you Bogdan and Chris, I appreciate your answers.
Sorry Bogdan, not sure what you mean by PM, can you please explain. Thanks. 

Offline nando

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2023, 06:24:13 PM »
Bogdan, I found it and I already sent you my email address via PM.

Offline overover

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2023, 07:47:58 PM »
Hi nando and Bogdan,

As a forum member, you can (in most cases) see the email addresses of other members by viewing the relevant profile (click on the username to the left of a member's post).

@nando
The pack from Bogdan will be of no use to you, because it is probably one of the three available .ppf versions (SX900/700/600). As I said, these are not compatible with your S950, and you could download the original pack directly from Yamaha anyway:
>>> https://usa.yamaha.com/products/contents/keyboards/vse/romance_latino/

By the way, as already mentioned by Bogdan, this pack only contains three (3) voices: The Custom Normal Voice "Romance Latino VO" is a description of the pack (in Spanish) and is probably only needed for the included demo MIDI file. The two Custom Drum Voices “CubanHandKit” (#126-000-030) and “CubanStickKit” (#126-000-031) are also included. If necessary, you could try revoicing style parts or multi pads that use one of these kits with the S950 preset drum kit "CubanKit" (#126-000-041).

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: October 17, 2023, 07:51:58 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline nando

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2023, 10:22:31 AM »
Thank you Chris.
Congratulations Bogdan, your pack sounds wonderful and covers all my expectations. It is clear that to have the original sounds I'll need to upgrade my keyboard.