Author Topic: Glitch with PSR-SX900  (Read 1986 times)

abps1976

Glitch with PSR-SX900
« on: April 09, 2021, 11:30:35 AM »
Hi everyone

I recently (August 2020) upgraded from a PSR-S900 keyboard and treated myself to a PSR-SX900.
I am very happy with it, but have discovered an annoying glitch with its operation.

On first switching the instrument on, the whole keyboard is playable with the default piano voice.

On activating the style accompaniment section (ACMP, Auto FILL IN, OTS LINK), I selected “BigBand Shuffle”, and the first OTS (a Jazz saxophone) is muted and almost inaudible. The other three OTS seem unaffected.

If this occurs, I simply select a different style, then choose BigBand Shuffle and this clears the fault.

I have been in touch with Yamaha Customer Service and they replicated the fault using their own keyboard (which had the older V1.04 firmware - mine has V1.05).

I was told that their technical department will look into it, regards updates to the firmware.  I would be grateful if any other PSR-SX users had experienced a similar problem.

Thank you

Offline Enildo

Re: Glitch with PSR-SX900
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2021, 11:51:01 AM »
Hi

I did everything the same way you did and mine is absolutely normal. When selecting BigBandShuffle and OTS1, the voice that appears on mine is S. Art Saxophone and not Jazz Saxophone.
That was the only difference that I noticed in relation to what you described.

Enildo
When word fail, Music speaks!

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2021, 01:37:28 PM »
I had  a one phenomena similar to "glitch" with Genos. The second voice was almost gone. Check connected pedals. I had accidentally hit the volume pedal and no submenu showed me the reason for the error :-)
And You can always do a reset by turning on the instrument and holding down the last white key, for example.
Genos,  Roli Rise49

Offline PhotoDoc05

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2021, 03:50:56 PM »
Hi abps1976,

So, for what it's worth, I was curious to see how my SX-900 responded to your glitch scenario.
v1.05 firmware -- ACMP and OTS link and BigBandShuffle.

My OTS1 is linked to S.Art Saxophone on Voice R1, turned on by default, the R2 and R3 were off.
Yes, initially, the Saxophone sounded below normal volume, and I simply chose OTS 2 through 4, which sounded normal.
I then simply chose OTS1 again, and the Saxophone volume was now normal!    I have not noticed this before on other Styles, but normally I don't use OTS Link, I just leave it off, and setup the Voices I want.      Jerry
"All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware."—Martin Buber

Offline Amwilburn

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2021, 08:13:40 PM »
Interestingly, I just tried it on ours, no glitch. All 4 voices sounded at normal volume the 1st time.
OS 1.01

Mark

Offline RobertM

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2021, 10:42:12 PM »
Hi all,
Confirm fault, v. 1.05, Sart Sax, first release batch in Australia.
Robert.

Offline johan

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2021, 05:08:37 PM »
I tried on my SX700. OTS1 is also the Jazz sax and is selected automatically (which is normal with the OTS link active). The playing volume is normal so no issue here.
SX700 and S670
Former keyboard: E433, E463