Author Topic: Magic Dance from Easy Sounds  (Read 2415 times)

Offline intheword

Magic Dance from Easy Sounds
« on: April 09, 2021, 02:13:32 AM »
Hello!  Has anyone bought the Magic Dance pack from Easy Sounds?  I watched this 4 minute video and was amazed all all the cool ways the player was adjusting sounds and drums during the performance.  It was amazing and I did not know you could manipulate the arrangements in so many different ways on the Genos.  I am barely getting started with my Genos but I am super impressed with this.  Are there any users here that like dance music?  EDM, house, trance, etc?  It can be LOTS of fun, but not everybody likes it.

tyrosman

Re: Magic Dance from Easy Sounds
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2021, 07:37:10 PM »
hi can you give us a link so we can see it

Offline Bill

England

Current KB:  YAMAHA GENOS 2

Offline overover

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2021, 11:35:42 PM »
Hi all,

as with several other Easy Sounds Expansion Packs for Yamaha PSR-S/SX, Tyros5 and Genos, I was also part of the beta testing team for the "Magic Dance" Pack and was able to help ensure that this Pack by Peter Krischker and Hans-Peter Henkel ("HP") has become a perfect product again. I can only recommend "Magic Dance" to everyone.

By the way: Please be sure to follow the instructions on the product page and in the PDF that comes with the download!

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: April 09, 2021, 11:37:27 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline intheword

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2021, 10:23:11 PM »
Hello Chris,

That is very good to know that you helped with the Magic Dance expansion pack.  Have you seen the Youtube video where they are playing the Genos like some kind of DJ?  muting parts, using the mixer, adjusting volume and switching multi-pads while playing in real time?  That is what I want to learn how to do!  Looks a little complicated because I am so new to the instrument.

What time zone are you in Chris?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urZoN3ASVi0

Offline overover

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2021, 11:13:25 PM »
Hi intheword,

I live in Germany, so my time zone is CET (= UTC+1). Currently the daylight saving time is observed, so our time is UTC+2 here.

Yes, I know this video. Basically, there are "simply" combined several standard functions (e.g. Styles, Multi Pads, changing Volumes, muting Channels) to get these results in conjunction with the "Magic Dance" Pack.

I recommend first learning to play with the internal Styles and their OTS (One Touch Settings) and the Multi Pads. Then learn to make your own Voice and Effect settings and to save all settings using the Registration Memory.

You can do all these things also with the content of the Magic Dance Pack of course. When you have some experience then, you can combine several functions as shown in the mentioned video.

By the way: It is best to download the PDF versions all user manuals (Owner's Manual, Reference Manual and Data List) from the Genos Download page and always open them at the same time on your computer. Then use the search function of your PDF reader app to find everything very quickly in the manuals. :)
>>> https://uk.yamaha.com/en/products/musical_instruments/keyboards/arranger_workstations/genos/downloads.html#product-tabs

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: April 10, 2021, 11:14:36 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)