Author Topic: OTS Weird Occurrence  (Read 1656 times)

Offline LaHawk

OTS Weird Occurrence
« on: April 07, 2021, 10:08:02 PM »
Wanted to share a weird occurrence on my SX-900.

While trying out some 3rd party styles and registrations, I then loaded a few factory styles, (or any of my saved styles), that had 3 right hand voices in OTS, but only R3 would play in a solo and not in combination with R1 and R2. If I turned off R3, R1 and R2 would play solo or in combination, but not with R3. The mixer showed R1, R2, and R3 all to be on. Somehow R3 got messed up in a previous 3rd party style or registration OTS load.

So...
I then loaded one of my own saved registrations, that had three right hand voices, they all played normally, and any styles loaded after played normally with all three right hand voices working again.

Not sure how that happened, but that's why it's good to have saved registrations to bring things back to normal

Larry   PSR-SX900
 My You Tube Recordings

The following users thanked this post: Dave Shively

Offline ckobu

Re: OTS Weird Occurrence
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2021, 10:22:31 PM »
This happened due to Split settings. Right 3 can play on its own in the upper part of the keyboard if it is selected using the Split function. OTS does not affect this setting and therefore no change has occurred. Registration affects the setting and with it you return to the basic setting where Right 3 is not separate. Watch this video and it will be clearer to you what happened.

https://youtu.be/WXKmjR68Dz4?t=536
Watch my video channel

The following users thanked this post: LaHawk, klaplante

Online Fred Smith

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2021, 11:56:21 PM »
While trying out some 3rd party styles and registrations, I then loaded a few factory styles, (or any of my saved styles), that had 3 right hand voices in OTS, but only R3 would play in a solo and not in combination with R1 and R2. If I turned off R3, R1 and R2 would play solo or in combination, but not with R3. The mixer showed R1, R2, and R3 all to be on. Somehow R3 got messed up in a previous 3rd party style or registration OTS load.

You need to fix your split point (that one of the registrations changed).

To avoid this problem in the future, you should do a parameter lock on the split point.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

The following users thanked this post: Dave Shively, LaHawk

Offline LaHawk

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2021, 04:50:21 PM »
Thanks Casper and Fred.
 A little complicated, but we can all learn something new ever day. I'll do some experimenting, as I never knew about split functioning and R3
Larry   PSR-SX900
 My You Tube Recordings