Author Topic: Add another track to a quick recording - is it possible?  (Read 2488 times)

Offline Toril S

Add another track to a quick recording - is it possible?
« on: April 06, 2021, 11:29:44 PM »
Hello friends :)
I always record my songs in MIDI quick record. So, let's say I want to add a little more flavor to the melody. Is there an easy way to do this on the keyboard. Just play the MIDI, and add another track while playing? I believed you could do this in multi record mode, but I think I misunderstood. I know I can make an audio playing along with the MIDI, but I would like to edit the MIDI while it is playing by just playing along. Wishful thinking?
« Last Edit: April 07, 2021, 11:15:49 AM by Toril S »
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

Offline DerekA

Re: Add amptjer track to a quick recording - is it possible?
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2021, 09:27:31 AM »
Hi Toril, yes this is quite easy and I am sure someone will post detailed instructions and probably a video link.

But essentially, open Recording, choose MIDI multi recording. Then touch the "New Song" label and find your previously recorded MIDI.

First note : You need to use a free (empty) track. Which track is free depends on what you did in your quick record. Parts R1, L, R2 and R3 default to record to tracks 1, 2, 3 and 4 respectively. Multipads 1, 2, 3 and 4 record to tracks 5, 6, 7 and 8 respectively. The style records to 9-16. If you used all 4 parts, all 4 multipads and the style - well then you are out of luck, because there's nowhere left to go :)

Second note - Touch the icon for that track, which opens a window to select which part it's going to 'listen' to. Make sure it's set to "listen" to part R1 otherwise your playing will not be recorded. This is probably the step that most people get wrong at first. After selecting the part, the track will automatically "arm" for recording.

Third note - Based on the second note, if you've only armed one track, and set it to listen to R1, then anything you play with L, R2, R3 or a multipad will not be recorded. But you can arm more than one track at once, each one set to listen to a specific part.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2021, 09:47:29 AM by DerekA »
Genos

The following users thanked this post: Toril S

Offline Toril S

Re: Add amptjer track to a quick recording - is it possible?
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2021, 11:14:48 AM »
Thank you so much Derek!!😀😀
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page