Author Topic: Linking IPad to external monitor is it worth it?  (Read 6911 times)

Wouter1972

Linking IPad to external monitor is it worth it?
« on: March 26, 2019, 08:13:02 PM »
Hello,

I’m thinking about linking my ipad to my external HD monitor (full HD).

My main goal is to display the pdf’s from my Songbook+ app on my iPad to my external HD monitor.

I would use the Apple lightening to AV cable to make a “lightening to HDMI connection”.

Is there anyone who has any experiences with this type of connection and can tell me about the results of the output on the external monitor?

My main concern is that the monitor will show mostly black bars on all sides and displaying the actual content on the monitor way too small....

Thanx,
Wouter

Offline jimlaing

Re: Linking IPad to external monitor is it worth it?
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2019, 04:25:10 PM »
Hi - I have done this, but I mounted my HD TV (39") on a stand that allows me to rotate the display 90º.  Then I use the unrealBook app to display the PDF files in "portrait" mode (tall mode).  It works great for jam sessions and music parties (sing-along etc.) to have iPad display show on a 39" monitor!

Jim
Raleigh, NC, USA / Genos / Tyros5-61 / Lucas Nana 600 / other stuff

Offline dh110953

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2020, 01:56:40 PM »
Hi Wouter, did you actually do this and if so did it work well.

I too have Songbook+ and would like to see scores on a bigger screen if it works well enough.

I do not have unrealbooks and don't see any point buying it when Songbook+ does what I need

Thanks

David
Now have a CVP 809 as my wife plays Piano but not Keyboard - I had to PX a Genos to buy it, Also have an SX700 - I did previously own a Tyros.

Tomotom56

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2021, 07:42:44 AM »
I did try this but it wasn't realy satisfactory and a pain setting up at gigs. I decided to invest in the iPad Pro 12.9 and the K&M holder which fits into the music rest holes. Perfect!

Offline Al Ram

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2021, 08:04:49 AM »
Tomotom56
Did you install the K&M holder into the holes of a Genos keyboard ? if so, could you please provide the K&M holder model ?

That's sounds like a great idea. . .. . .  I currently have an iPad holder for my 12.9 iPad pro but installed on a microphone stand . . . . getting rid of the stand would be one item less to carry . . . . .

Please let me know.

thanks in advance.
AL
San Diego/Tijuana