Genos (12 Boards) > Genos YEM & Expansion Packs

Installing Expansion Packs

(1/2) > >>

johnzutzbg:
Hi Everyone,

So I downloaded some free packs from Yamaha, and ran them through the YEM to create the install file.

It says that that the instrument will be reformatted when I install.

1) Will I lose my saved registrations?
2) Will the GENOS revert back to original software? ie. lose chord looper and style reset upgrades?

Thanks!

overover:
Hi John,

only the Expansion Memory (where the Wave data of the installed Expansion Voices is stored) will be formatted when you install a Pack Install file (.cpi or .ppi). So your User data stored in the User drive or on USB stick (e.g. Registrations, Styles, MIDI Files, Multi Pads, User Voices, User defined System settings) will NOT be affected when installing Expansion data.

In short: You will NOT loose any data in this case (except the previous installed Expansion data).

Best regards,
Chris

torben:
OK - but I just upgraded fro YEM 2.6.0 to YEM 2.8.0

If I download a new package and want to install it can I do that separately - without any formatting of the HD on my Genos - just add the new package?
Do I even need YEM - or can I go directly to my Genos and install the new sounds/styles etc.?

Kind regards

Torben

Stijn:
Hi Torben,

Yes you can ADD packs, but you need to use YEM for it.
The previously installed packs should still be present in YEM and they must remain checked. If you UNCHECK some packs then they will be removed!
When saving the pack to a USB drive, choose the option "Save As Pack Quick Installation’ (*.cqi)".

It may happen that your Genos shows a message that the 'quick install pack' cannot be installed. In that case you should use YEM and choose "Save as Pack Installation File (*.cpi")

There are some problems with YEM 2.8.0, so you should uninstall it. Download and install version 2.7.0 in stead.

Stijn

alans:
I've just downloaded two free expansion packs today and loaded them to my Genos, as Stijn has said,I had to load to USB as cpi files ,my Genos would not accept cqi files,and yes ,I have recently downloaded the latest YEM (v2.8 )  to my laptop

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version