Author Topic: Which Version of Genos Software ?  (Read 2924 times)

Offline Bob88

Which Version of Genos Software ?
« on: April 04, 2021, 05:14:28 PM »
   I  believe I have the latest update installed on my Genos.   How do I  verify which version IS on the Genos?   What is the latest version?    Thank you.  Bob

Offline frankmusik

Re: Which Version of Genos Software ?
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2021, 05:30:17 PM »
Latest Version is 2.02

Press the [MENU] button to call up the Menu display.
Touch [Utility] on the Menu display. 
Touch [System]. 
Check that the version number matches the current upgrade.

greetings frank
Genos and Tyros /PSR Support in Germany - Europe with more than
280 keyboardscouts helping in D-AT-CH-NL at your home!
Monday 18:30 (6:30 pm german time) Live tips on youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBxOTmwqvDGu5QavFWeaQfQ

Offline overover

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2021, 09:22:31 PM »
   I  believe I have the latest update installed on my Genos.   How do I  verify which version IS on the Genos?   What is the latest version?    Thank you.  Bob

Hi Bob,

it doesn't hurt to visit the Genos download page from time to time. There you will always find the latest software versions (e.g. Firmware, Expansion Manager, USB-MIDI driver, etc.) as well as the latest versions of the Manuals: :)
>>> https://uk.yamaha.com/en/products/musical_instruments/keyboards/arranger_workstations/genos/downloads.html#product-tabs

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline Bob88

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2021, 10:18:07 PM »
Thank you Chris.   Much appreciated.  Bob

Offline Bob88

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2021, 10:31:36 PM »
Thank you Frank.   Regards, Bob

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2021, 01:31:52 AM »
Dear Chris,

do you mean that every time Yamaha issues an OS update, all changes involved are explained in a new version of User/Reference manuals?
That would be fantastic!

Ciao

Angelo
Yamaha Genos, Clavinova Cvp309PE, Hs-8, Hammond Xm2.
Past: Farfisa Minicompact, CompactDeLuxe; Elkarapsody; Hammond L122R&Leslie142; CasioCz1000; Roland D50, E20, ProE, Juno106, JX8P, Ra90; Technics Kn800, 1000, 2000; Korg M1, i3, i30, Pa1x, Pa3x; others.

Offline Gunnar Jonny

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2021, 08:10:27 AM »

That would be fantastic!

Yes, it is.. 👍 😊
Current version is 'Genos Manual g0.pdf' and 'Genos ReferenceManual_g0.pdf'
I.e., if look at the letter 'g' in filename and compare to older downloads, you'll see that it changes upwards for every new update.
Cheers 🥂
GJ

Offline overover

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2021, 05:21:17 PM »
Dear Chris,

do you mean that every time Yamaha issues an OS update, all changes involved are explained in a new version of User/Reference manuals?
That would be fantastic!

Ciao

Angelo

Hi Angelo,

sometimes an existing Manual is just slightly corrected. In this case, the version changes e.g. from "a0" to "a1". When new functions are added, usually the LETTER of the Manual version is changed: a0 > b0 > c0 etc.

With Genos, the current Owner's and Reference Manual are version g0, and the Data List is version f0.

By the way: Please always read the list of changes as well when a new Firmware update comes out (directly in the download page of the update).

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2021, 07:01:45 PM »
Thank you, Jonny and Chris.

Ciao

Angelo
Yamaha Genos, Clavinova Cvp309PE, Hs-8, Hammond Xm2.
Past: Farfisa Minicompact, CompactDeLuxe; Elkarapsody; Hammond L122R&Leslie142; CasioCz1000; Roland D50, E20, ProE, Juno106, JX8P, Ra90; Technics Kn800, 1000, 2000; Korg M1, i3, i30, Pa1x, Pa3x; others.