Author Topic: Psr sx700 or Dgx 670  (Read 6182 times)

Jesusote

Psr sx700 or Dgx 670
« on: April 04, 2021, 12:20:15 AM »
Hi to all and best regards.
I’m new in this forum. Thanks a lot for accept me.
I’ve a psr e463 and I’d like to advance to a psr sx700. I like a lot this keyboard but recently I’ve seen a lot of videos about the brand new dgx 670 and I’d like to know your opinion about what of two ones do your recommend because I’m a beginner in this world of keyboards.
I like a lot the sounds, the styles, the three parts of the right part of the keyboard and the touch screen of the psr sx700 but there is only one thing in comparison whit the dgx 670 that make me doubt: the Dgx 670 has 88 keys and the psr sx700 has 61.
Also, the psr sx700 is a 2019 model and I don’t know if Yamaha is going to upgrade this model but  I can’t pay more than the 1000€ that today costs the model.
Please, can you help me and give me your opinion about this?
Thanks a lot for your help.

Re: Psr sx700 or Dgx 670
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2021, 06:19:16 AM »
Hi, and welcome!

The main difference is that the DGX-670 is primarily a digital piano, whereas the PSR-SX700 is an arranger workstation. This makes them completely different instruments.

The DGX has a piano-like keyboard, with 88 weighted keys (like a grand piano). This key are a lot harder than typical keyboard keys, and feels more like a piano mechanism. But, on the other hand, it has a much smaller selection of instruments, styles ands DSPs, and no MultiPads. But the main piano sound is much better than on the PSR.

In my opinion, your main decision criteria should be your past experience: if you come from a piano background, the DGX might be a better choice. If you come from a keyboard/organ background, I would go with the PSR. The heavy piano-like keys take some time to get accustomed to, if you come from a different background. If you can try them, this might give you more insight into the differences.

Regards!

The following users thanked this post: Frankbrathen

Offline mikf

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2021, 01:49:04 PM »
Both great instruments, and each does many of the things the other does - but not everything the other does. Hard for anyone else to tell you which way to go. If you want a portable nice piano with many of the accompaniment and voice features of a modern electronic keyboard, the DGX is for you. If you want a lot of the features of a quite advanced portable music keyboard workstation that can still be played like a half decent piano, the SX is best. You really have to go with your own gut feel.
Mike

Jesusote

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2021, 06:13:16 PM »
Thanks a lot for your posts, Andres and Mikf.

At the end, watching your comments, i've ordered the PRS SX 700 and I hope the last week I recieve the keyboard.

I think that is my best choice because, as Andres Says, I come from another Keyboard not a piano. So, It's very important to me the funcionality and the more styles and voices of the SX 700.

Thans again, and best regards. Now I have to study the manual before the keyboard arrives to me  :)

Offline hans1966

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2021, 07:55:03 PM »
Hello Jesusote, I congratulate you on your choice.
with the sx700 you will have many hours of fun.

the sx700 is a huge leap from your e463 so you'll have to get used to
the new way to operate on your new device.

Greetings.

Hans
"Enjoying my SX600, and moving step by step through the journey of life"

Jesusote

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2021, 10:54:47 PM »
Thanks a lot, Hans!
I’ve been watching videos about the Sx and I’ve read the owners manual and I’m so excited and waiting to receive the keyboard.
It’s a great evolution between my e463 and the new Sx. I have a lot of marvelous job to do.
Best regards.

ssmaynard29

Styles for DGX-670
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2021, 01:19:44 AM »
Hello. Forgive me I am new to this.  My question is  I am considering getting the Yamaha DGX-670. I would like
to add some additional styles...ie..Reggaeton to the keyboard. Someone suggested I check out this site, but I
am confused where to find styles that might be compatible with this keyboard. Any suggestions or help is greatly
appreciated.

Offline Roger Brenizer

Re: Styles for DGX-670
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2021, 03:02:20 AM »
Hello. Forgive me I am new to this.  My question is  I am considering getting the Yamaha DGX-670. I would like
to add some additional styles...ie..Reggaeton to the keyboard. Someone suggested I check out this site, but I
am confused where to find styles that might be compatible with this keyboard. Any suggestions or help is greatly
appreciated.

Please refer to the following link on our main website:

https://psrtutorial.com/sty/index.html
"Music Is My Life"
My best regards,
Roger

(The older I get...the better I used to be...LOL!!!)
Roger’s PSR Performer Page