Author Topic: Which music reader fo Genos?  (Read 4526 times)

Offline Oldden

Which music reader fo Genos?
« on: April 01, 2021, 01:08:45 PM »
Simple question, which is best Forescore, Musicreader+ or something else.
I’ve got loads of pdf music , lots of which are printed and getting out of hand. So I would like to copy the digital versions of them onto my iPad and/or my windows tablet to work with my Genos. No idea which to pick, any help would be welcome.
Oldden

Offline ckobu

Re: Which music reader fo Genos?
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2021, 01:46:04 PM »
I think MobileSheets Pro is the best choice (Win). The only drawback is that the wireless connection cannot be made.

https://youtu.be/83KSbB5H-_8
Watch my video channel

Offline Oldden

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2021, 06:51:13 PM »
Oops, my mistake.
I should have said songbook+ or forescore or something else not Musicreader.
Senility strikes again.
Oldden🤭

Offline Oldden

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2021, 08:14:08 AM »
Thanks for the info ckobu
Didn’t know mobile sheets worked with windows, thought it was only android.

Offline ckobu

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2021, 12:02:21 PM »
In the beginning it was only a version for andorid, from a year ago it also exists for win10.
Watch my video channel

Offline Al Ram

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2021, 05:10:20 PM »
I think the answer also depends on how you want to use the selected program. 

I use SongBook+ on iPad . . . . .it contains all my PDF's . . .. . . the iPad is wirelesly connected to Genos keyboard (via a wireless midi device). Songbook+ enables me to control the Genos registrations from the iPad/Songbook+ and the other way around.

In other words, when i select a PDF file in the iPad/Songbook+, the corresponding Genos registration is immediately loaded. The other way around too. . . when a Genos registration is selected manually, the corresponding PDF shows on the iPad screen.   

Thanks
AL
San Diego/Tijuana

The following users thanked this post: Oldden

Tomotom56

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2021, 07:33:49 AM »
I've used Unrealbook for years and think it's the best overall program for sending midi controll messages, system exclusive messages  and sorting big pdf files ie: Fakebook's. However, recently I have switched to Songbook+ for the wireless connectivity.Works very well indeed.
 It's great👍

The following users thanked this post: Oldden

Offline jimlaing

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2021, 12:43:04 AM »
I too have used unrealBook for a bunch of years ... I like the way it works and it has plenty of
features for many things .. MIDI (which I use for Registration recall), set lists, searches,
metadata (database/keywords), lots of useful features . . .

I use it for wireless features too ... both for my page-turning pedal, wireless MIDI to my Genos
(via mi.1connect midi device), and WiFi for networking several iPads (for several musicians), all
who are using unrealBook.  When I change to a different song (PDF), all the other pads change
wirelessly . . .

-Jim
« Last Edit: May 06, 2021, 12:45:02 AM by jimlaing »
Raleigh, NC, USA / Genos / Tyros5-61 / Lucas Nana 600 / other stuff