Author Topic: genos left hand voice  (Read 4949 times)

Offline mazydazydinah

genos left hand voice
« on: March 29, 2021, 03:46:05 PM »
Hi there,  could someone help me.  How do I stop the left hand chords from sounding when playing along to a midi.
In my Korg, I can just turn lower off, are you able to do that on Genos.

Marion

Offline overover

Re: genos left hand voice
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2021, 04:06:27 PM »
Hi Marion,

you can either switch off the Left Part (using the corresponding Part On/Off button) or just turn down the Volume of the Left Part to zero (in the Mixer or in the Part Setting display or using the relevant Live Control Slider). If desired, save this setting to a Registration.

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: March 29, 2021, 04:08:24 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline Wim NL

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2021, 04:07:58 PM »
Switch off the ACMP
Best Regards,
Wim

Offline mazydazydinah

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2021, 10:05:23 AM »
thanks for the replies,  but neither answers work.  I have everything off, but it still seems to be there attached to the right hand voice select, I just want the piano or voice in the right hand and not playing in the left.

Marion

Offline DerekA

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2021, 11:25:28 AM »
I think you need to be a bit clearer on what you're doing.

You're playing back a MIDI file, and want to play along with it using a piano voice.

If you only have R1 active, then the piano voice is active across the whole keyboard. Why is that a problem if you're not pressing any keys on the lower part of the keyboard?

Or what are you not telling us about what you're trying to do?
Genos

Offline mazydazydinah

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2021, 12:01:05 PM »
hi derek, thats exactly how i am playing it,  but I cant sit there with one hand just doing nothing, so I play the chords at the same time, I want to mute the left sounds and then I can play the chords just as practice and have no sound coming out. All I want to do is mute the sound on that left side.

Marion

Offline Stijn

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2021, 12:12:52 PM »
Try this:

menu2 > style setting > setting > Stop ACMP => "Off"

Stijn
« Last Edit: March 30, 2021, 12:15:53 PM by Stijn »
I'm not talented ... but I practice a lot.
please visit  https://www.youtube.com/@StijnBettens/videos

Offline DerekA

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2021, 01:00:39 PM »
hi derek, thats exactly how i am playing it,  but I cant sit there with one hand just doing nothing, so I play the chords at the same time, I want to mute the left sounds and then I can play the chords just as practice and have no sound coming out. All I want to do is mute the sound on that left side.

Marion

Well, in that case the answer is to switch the L voice on, with ACMP off, but drop the volume of L to zero using either a live control slider or the mixer
Genos

Offline mazydazydinah

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2021, 01:09:11 PM »
Hi all, Phoned Yamaha, what a great bunch of guys.  The Quick answer is VOICE SELECT- Large Left Button On and then on the Right Side of the keyboard in Slider assign.  Scroll until you get to B and all the parts, and put left down to zero.   Just in case anyone else wants to know how to do this.

Marion.

Offline jwyvern

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2021, 01:12:27 PM »
Marion if you want the left notes to remain silent when you play them you need to first split the keyboard. One quick way to do this is to turn the left voice on (yes counter intuitive :)). Then turn the left voice volume to zero.
Now play your midi and play along with it and the piano should only sound from the RH.
An alternative way to split the KB is to turn ACMP on which prevents the LH piano from sounding, although you may have to additionally turn off the Style Off voices as Stijn suggested to get complete silence.
John