Genos (12 Boards) > Genos Speakers / Foot Pedals

Polarity issue.

(1/1)

Toril S:
Hello friends :)
I keep getting change of polarity of my sustain pedal. It is not a Yamaha one, but is a piano pedal style one that recently have started to change polarity on the Genos. It most ofthen happens when I am trying out many different styles. The pedal feels OK.
Is this normal?

overover:
Hi Toril,

make sure that all Pedals are properly connected BEFORE powering up the keyboard. And do NOT press any Pedal until the keyboard is ready to play. (Otherwise the Pedal will work "reversed".)

Use allways the same Pedal socket for the Sustain Pedal (usually Pedal socket #1).

The Polarity of the Pedal is automatically detected on startup. (This is the reason that you must not press the Pedal at this time.}

If the Pedal works "reversed" nevertheless, press Direct Access, then press the Pedal (this opens the Assignable display) , and then manually change the Polarity, so that the Pedal works correctly.

Note: CLOSE the Assignable display correctly (by pressing the Exit button or touching the X icon). Only when doing so, the Polarity setting is correctly saved (in the so called "System Setup") So, do not leave the Assignable display open in the background.

Best regards,
Chris

Toril S:
Thank you so much Chris!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version