Author Topic: Exit/Cancel OTS on the S900?  (Read 12271 times)

Offline MarkF_48

Exit/Cancel OTS on the S900?
« on: March 28, 2021, 09:46:36 PM »
Every so often I accidentally hit the OTS button on the keyboard. This calls up a style and voicing. Is there a way to exit/cancel out of the OTS mode and return to how I last had the keyboard set for voices? I've tried different button pushes of what I thought might exit OTS, but the OTS LED on any selected button remains lit. Thus far the only way I've been able to clear it is power cycle the keyboard.

Offline DerekA

Re: Exit/Cancel OTS on the S900?
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2021, 09:54:32 PM »
You can't 'undo' the ots and go back. But you can select a registration or just pick another style or voices which will take immediate effect. The ots button stays lit but it's not a 'mode' as such and does not need to be cleared.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2021, 10:59:10 AM by DerekA »
Genos

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2021, 09:58:02 PM »
Every so often I accidentally hit the OTS button on the keyboard. This calls up a style and voicing. Is there a way to exit/cancel out of the OTS mode and return to how I last had the keyboard set for voices? I've tried different button pushes of what I thought might exit OTS, but the OTS LED on any selected button remains lit. Thus far the only way I've been able to clear it is power cycle the keyboard.

Unfortunately, there’s no undo button on the keyboard.

But you shouldn’t have to power cycle the keyboard. Just reload the style and voices you had before.

Or, store what you like in a registration, then reload it.

Cheers,
Fref
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline johan

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2021, 10:10:47 PM »
You can also remove the OTS from your styles.

Johan
SX700 and S670
Former keyboard: E433, E463

Offline MarkF_48

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2021, 10:32:01 PM »
Hey thanks for the quick responses...........

Problem is the times this occurs is when I may not be using a style and with the OTS enabled I can't get rid of the style easily to get back to what I had. Yes, setting a 'Registration' at least gets me out of OTS, but not necessarily back to a voicing setup I previously had which may be splits or layers that I might not normally save as a registration while I'm playing around looking for a particular sound.

Offline MarkF_48

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2021, 10:36:53 PM »
You can also remove the OTS from your styles.

Johan
That might be an option. Not sure I've come across a menu item that does that.

Offline johan

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2021, 09:16:17 AM »
I don’t think you can remove the OTS on the keyboard. You could look for a style file that does not contain any OTS settings or you could remove the OTS via software such as the “Style Old Format Converter” from Jørgen Sørensen.

Some styles without OTS (on PSR Tutorial):
https://psrtutorial.com/sty/keyboards/mixed.html

Style Old Format Converter” from Jørgen Sørensen:
http://www.jososoft.dk/yamaha/software/sofc/index.htm

SX700 and S670
Former keyboard: E433, E463

Offline DerekA

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2021, 11:01:55 AM »
Problem is the times this occurs is when I may not be using a style and with the OTS enabled I can't get rid of the style easily to get back to what I had. Yes, setting a 'Registration' at least gets me out of OTS, but not necessarily back to a voicing setup I previously had which may be splits or layers that I might not normally save as a registration while I'm playing around looking for a particular sound.

I'm afraid that hitting the button by mistake is just an occupational hazard :(

I had an E443 for a while, and kept accidentally hitting the 'music database' button because of where it was positioned on the panel  >:(
Genos