Author Topic: Genos -iPad new OS 14.4.2 upgrade and SongBook+ any issues?  (Read 1982 times)

Offline Al Ram

Genos -iPad new OS 14.4.2 upgrade and SongBook+ any issues?
« on: March 28, 2021, 07:59:35 PM »
Hello Friends.

I have my Genos (OS = V2.01) connected to the iPad (OS V14.3) via the Quicco mi.1 wireless midi adapter (bluetooth).    The iPad is loaded with Songbook+ V4.0.5 to display my PDF's and bring up the Genos registrations (and the other way back too from keyboard regs) using the direct link method. (no midi files to link)

I just received notice to upgrade the iPad OS to 14.4.2.   I realize that sometimes the iPad OS upgrade may affect the functionality of SongBook+ . . . . so want to ask if anyone has similar setup and already upgraded iPad OS to newest upgrade 14.4.2 and if so . . .. any problems . . .issues found ?  is SongBook+ still working correctly ?

I do not want to affect my setup that is already working great for me.

Thanks in advance
AL
San Diego/Tijuana

Offline Rick D.

Re: Genos -iPad new OS 14.4.2 upgrade and SongBook+ any issues?
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2021, 12:07:41 PM »
Al,

I just did the upgrade this weekend and I had no issues.

It should be fine.

Rick  D.

Offline Al Ram

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2021, 01:20:51 AM »
Rick

thanks a lot for your response.  Based on that I will do the IOS upgrade this coming weekend .. . . .

Have a great day
AL
San Diego/Tijuana

Offline Stubby

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2021, 03:08:31 AM »
My experience was the same last night -- no issues. 

Offline Al Ram

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2021, 06:39:51 PM »
Stubby

Thanks a lot.  will upgrade this weekend

Appreciated
AL
San Diego/Tijuana

Offline overover

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2021, 09:16:01 PM »
... I have my Genos (OS = V2.01) connected to the iPad (OS V14.3) via the Quicco mi.1 wireless midi adapter (bluetooth).    The iPad is loaded with Songbook+ V4.0.5 ...

Hi Al,

the current Genos Firmware version is V2.02, and the current Songbook+ version is V4.0.6. ;)

I strongly recommend updating this as well.

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline Al Ram

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2021, 12:27:15 AM »
Chris

Thanks. 

I will plan to upgrade Genos to 2.02. (any known issues with it ? anyone . .. .? )

I paid for SongBook+ the version i have . . . . my understanding is that if you upgrade to newer version and get new features you will have to pay something additional. (which seems to me fair and logical) and get into the yearly or monthly subscription.     

The current version I have works great for me, no need to upgrade for new features for me.

Thanks again.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2021, 12:35:54 AM by Al Ram »
AL
San Diego/Tijuana