Author Topic: Expansion pack installation failure  (Read 1923 times)

Hammond Yamaha

Expansion pack installation failure
« on: March 27, 2021, 07:47:03 PM »
Trying to install expansion packs into Genos. Process starts but message pops up “cannot access data” and then process stops.  Please help.  The packs are on the same USB that I previously installed them from and I need to reinstall
« Last Edit: March 27, 2021, 07:57:09 PM by Hammond Yamaha »

Offline overover

Re: Expansion pack installation failure
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2021, 09:34:21 PM »
Trying to install expansion packs into Genos. Process starts but message pops up “cannot access data” and then process stops.  Please help.  The packs are on the same USB that I previously installed them from and I need to reinstall

Hi Hammond Yamaha,

please first connect this USB stick to the computer and check the file type of the Pack Install file (which is on the stick): It has to be a .cpi file if you want to do a complete reinstallation of your Expansion content. If it is a .cqi file (= Pack Quick Installation file), the installation will not work if the Genos does not have the correct previous data.

It is best if you just save a new Pack Install file (.cpi) on the USB stick with the YEM.

Note: Sometimes the YEM cannot properly overwrite a previous Pack Install file, so I recommend manually deleting old .cpi files from the USB stick beforehand.

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

The following users thanked this post: Dave Shively

Hammond Yamaha

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2021, 11:13:48 PM »
Problem is solved.  I read in another section of this forum. Format USB with Genos.  I did and it worked.
Chris, thank you for your information as well. May need to use that info another time.

Frank

Offline overover

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2021, 11:27:15 PM »
Problem is solved.  I read in another section of this forum. Format USB with Genos.  I did and it worked.
Chris, thank you for your information as well. May need to use that info another time.

Frank

Thanks for your quick feedback, Frank!

I'm glad that the problem could be solved!

P.S.
Yamaha Keyboards can only read "FAT32" formatted USB sticks. Other formats like "exFAT" or "NTFS" do not work.

A USB stick does not necessarily have to be formatted directly on the keyboard. (But of course it is safest.) Normally, sticks that have been formatted "FAT32" on the computer also work without any problems.

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)