Author Topic: Replace Onboard default Styles on PSR S670 by other Custom Styles  (Read 2301 times)

jemsoo7

Not of critical importance, just asking the profound depth of technical knowledge i see on this forum just in case it could be done~

(Programatically?) is it possible to replace the 230 styles in the default banks in a yamaha keyboard (psr s670) by custom one. (I edit styles to trigger different bass lines based on chord types - this cannot be edited onboard - casm limitations)
or Maybe point the 6 buttons dedicated for styles, e.g "pop&Rock", "ballad" etc directly to some user folders on USB.
My point is to be able to used those buttons as "quick links" to customs style [hierarchy] which could be changed by Registration Bank.
Possible Scenario:
Say in Church one could play only European or Baltik Music, but in other different Ceremonies maybe Indian, Arabic, or different local Ethnic styles in my country (then All the Panel Styles are not used .... kind of wasted!)

Online ckobu

Re: Replace Onboard default Styles on PSR S670 by other Custom Styles
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2021, 01:45:48 PM »
I think I got you right, but you can't do that. The only way is to rearrange each style individually and "trigger different bass lines based on chord types" within it.
Then save it as a new style and use as needed.

Offline Fred Smith

Re: Replace Onboard default Styles on PSR S670 by other Custom Styles
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2021, 01:54:45 PM »
You cannot change or replace the onboard styles.

So set up a folder of styles on a USB. Access will be just as quick.

Or use registrations to load the styles you want.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons