Author Topic: SX700 Regist Bank vs Playlist  (Read 4616 times)

Offline dlepera

SX700 Regist Bank vs Playlist
« on: March 24, 2021, 07:54:52 PM »
I am trying  to understand why I can not load my registration files into the Playlist.

I downloaded the PSR-SX700-Playlist folder form the Yamaha's website. In that folder I see all **.rgt files in all the categories. I can load them into my Playlist from my USB,  I can also call them up using the Register Bank no problem. 

I have my own folder on USB & User with nothing but **.rgt that I have created and also obtained form the Forum's Collection.  When I go to the Playlist function of the keyboard select the folder containing my own files the list comes up blank. Does not recognize my folder as containing Playlist content.

What is  different between the two?

Regards.     dom 
« Last Edit: March 24, 2021, 08:13:47 PM by dlepera »
Life is a learning experience and sharing it is it's biggest reward!

Offline EileenL

Re: SX700 Regist Bank vs Playlist
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2021, 05:13:49 PM »
Go to your folder and open it Now select list and go to where your registrations are. Highlight the ones you want in the list and then press add to Playlist. Once you have all the registrations you want press SAVE It will tell you name all ready exists do you want to over right Press YES.

The following users thanked this post: Dave Shively, TheBitfiddler, dlepera

Offline dlepera

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2021, 04:09:16 AM »
Eileen, you made it very simple for me and it worked fine. "overwrite" is sometimes a scary thing as I have clobbered many a file in the early months trying to understand the folder/file system and how they are affected by the functionality of the keyboard.
   Thank you! Much appreciated!       Regards!      dom

Offline EileenL

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2021, 03:33:31 PM »
Your very welcome Dom.

Divemaster

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2022, 10:29:48 AM »
I am trying  to understand why I can not load my registration files into the Playlist.

I downloaded the PSR-SX700-Playlist folder form the Yamaha's website. In that folder I see all **.rgt files in all the categories. I can load them into my Playlist from my USB,  I can also call them up using the Register Bank no problem. 

I have my own folder on USB & User with nothing but **.rgt that I have created and also obtained form the Forum's Collection.  When I go to the Playlist function of the keyboard select the folder containing my own files the list comes up blank. Does not recognize my folder as containing Playlist content.

What is  different between the two?

Regards.     dom

Can somebody please point me to that location where I can find that Playlist for the SX-700?  as above....
I can't find it or see any reference to it at all on the Yamaha website?

I'm currently using a converted one from the Tyros 5.  Is there anything newer?

Thanks.

Offline overover

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2022, 03:49:49 PM »
Can somebody please point me to that location where I can find that Playlist for the SX-700?  as above....
I can't find it or see any reference to it at all on the Yamaha website?

I'm currently using a converted one from the Tyros 5.  Is there anything newer?

Thanks.

Hi Divemaster,

it's on the SX700 download site (scroll down to "Other Downloads"): :)
>>> https://uk.yamaha.com/en/products/musical_instruments/keyboards/arranger_workstations/psr-sx700/downloads.html#product-tabs

The Bonus Playlist contains 9 genre folders, each with a Playlist file (.tsv). A total of 349 Registration Bank files (.rgt) are included.

The Tyros5 Music Finder file (.mfd) contains over 1800 records (entries for songs). When importing into the SX700 as a Playlist, Registration Bank files are automatically generated that use the appropriate SX700 Preset Styles and a Playlist file (.tsv) with which all song titles can be called up. Alternatively, you can of course call up these Registrations directly (in the Registration Bank Selection display), i.e. not via the Playlist function.

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Divemaster

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2022, 04:11:14 PM »
Thanks Chris. I appreciate that.  :)

I'm still learning this new keyboard and I'm not quite as sharp as I once was !

Offline overover

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2022, 08:48:50 PM »
Thanks Chris. I appreciate that.  :)

I'm still learning this new keyboard and I'm not quite as sharp as I once was !

You're welcome, Divemaster! :)

Thanks for your kind feedback!

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.

Offline dlepera

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2022, 09:27:37 PM »
While on this same subject, I have a playlist folder that is populated with 100+ entries.  Seem that I can only delete one entry at a time. Is there a way to deleted lets say 45 at once"

Also my second question is if I delete those entries or even an entire folder would that affect my **.rgt files  that I have in the originating folder?  I wouldn't thinks but don't want to change without knowing. 
           Thanks  dom

Online Fred Smith

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2022, 09:30:33 PM »
While on this same subject, I have a playlist folder that is populated with 100+ entries.  Seem that I can only delete one entry at a time. Is there a way to deleted lets say 45 at once"

Also my second question is if I delete those entries or even an entire folder would that affect my **.rgt files  that I have in the originating folder?  I wouldn't thinks but don't want to change without knowing. 
           Thanks  dom

A playlist is a .tsv file. If you're decent at computers, you can edit it there (to do a bulk removal, for example). You can use a text editor, or a spreadsheet like Excel or Google Sheets.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

The following users thanked this post: dlepera

Offline overover

« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2022, 10:09:04 PM »

Thanks  dom

Hi Dom,

Please note: A "Playlist" is not a "folder", but a single file (with the extension ".tsv"). Deleting Playlist entries (so-called "Records") does not affect the associated Registration Bank files.

P.S.
A Yamaha "Bonus Playlist" is supplied as a (zipped) folder containing various Genre sub-folders. Of course, in addition to the Playlist files (.tsv) mentioned, these folders also contain Registration Bank files (.rgt). But basically when we say "Playlist" we only mean the .tsv file.

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: January 14, 2022, 10:15:06 PM by overover »

Offline dlepera

« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2022, 05:48:11 AM »
Hello Fred and Chris.

I have learned something here and it is very interesting and not as scary as I thought now when playing around with the playlist.  The key is as you say it's a TSV file which does in fact show up with the name on my keyboard, in my case PSR-700 PLAYLIST DANCE and with in that file there are 6/6 pages/screens of entries which relate to registrations files *.rgt.

When I open the *.TSV file on my computer using the notepad, I see the entries/records that you mentioned. So a simple edit and save did the trick.   I am no longer afraid to go to this playlist function of the keyboard and start manipulating entries.  I got burned initially with the registrations when I tried to move and delete things which resulted in a lot of hours rebuilding what I had already spend hours of work to create them.  So since there was a connection to playlist I felt it safer to stay away.   What a relief!

Curious: I think the "I" is the USB drive addresses  but what is the "0" & "OFF". What would happen if I alter them "0" say to 1 and "OFF' to ON??

Kiss Me Honey Honey Kiss Me   I:/PSR-SX700 Playlist/Ballroom/Kiss Me Honey Honey Kiss Me.rgt   0   OFF

Thank you both so much. Always appreciate your continued support.

All the best!      dom
« Last Edit: January 15, 2022, 06:00:09 AM by dlepera »

Online Fred Smith

« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2022, 01:48:20 PM »
Hello Fred and Chris.

I have learned something here and it is very interesting and not as scary as I thought now when playing around with the playlist.  The key is as you say it's a TSV file which does in fact show up with the name on my keyboard, in my case PSR-700 PLAYLIST DANCE and with in that file there are 6/6 pages/screens of entries which relate to registrations files *.rgt.

When I open the *.TSV file on my computer using the notepad, I see the entries/records that you mentioned. So a simple edit and save did the trick.   I am no longer afraid to go to this playlist function of the keyboard and start manipulating entries.  I got burned initially with the registrations when I tried to move and delete things which resulted in a lot of hours rebuilding what I had already spend hours of work to create them.  So since there was a connection to playlist I felt it safer to stay away.   What a relief!

Curious: I think the "I" is the USB drive addresses  but what is the "0" & "OFF". What would happen if I alter them "0" say to 1 and "OFF' to ON??

Kiss Me Honey Honey Kiss Me   I:/PSR-SX700 Playlist/Ballroom/Kiss Me Honey Honey Kiss Me.rgt   0   OFF

Thank you both so much. Always appreciate your continued support.

All the best!      dom

If you edit a playlist entry, you will see there are two actions:
-- Load Regist Memory: the button to load
-- View: Score, Lyrics or Text

That's what those two fields are for.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline dlepera

« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2022, 03:18:20 PM »
Good to know.  Thanks Fred.

Regards.   dom