Author Topic: Registration box on display - numbers  (Read 1464 times)

Offline jcm2016

Registration box on display - numbers
« on: January 13, 2022, 11:21:36 PM »
Hello all,

I'm confused about info that's in the box for the registration (top left of the main display screen). Most registration banks I play have all the slots taken up - meaning there are eight things.   Today I noticed that some registration banks I was playing had eight registrations, but there was 12 in the registrations grey box, right side of it on the main display screen.   So I went and found a registration bank where only 6 of the slots were used.  And that says 12345678.   Now I'm quite confused!   What do those numbers represent?   Thanks in advance

Offline overover

Re: Registration box on display - numbers
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM »
Hi jcm2016,

this has to do with the "Registration Sequence" function. Please refer to pages 87/88 in the SX900 Reference Manual ("Calling Up Registration Memory Numbers in Order") and page 27 in the SX900 Owner's Manual ("Other Information area in the Home display").

The "Registration Sequence" function can only be activated or deactivated globally, i.e. NOT per Registration Bank. The default order for stepping through registrations with the assigned pedal (unless changed by the user) is "12345678".

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline jcm2016

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2022, 12:20:20 AM »
Thanks so much, this made sense.  I took a look at those materials and then played around.  I think I understand now.

A related question: when you say the default is 12345678, does that mean that a registration sequence is automatically there for any registration bank, whether you tell it or not?   I tend to use registration banks made by others, or just improvise using styles and OTS, I don't make many registration banks myself.   Or is it actually a two step process to have the sequence work with a new bank - create the bank, and then also create the sequence?   

Again, many thanks

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2022, 01:16:30 AM »
Hi, jcm!

The registration sequence is saved as part of the Registration Bank. If you do not configure a specific sequence, the default (12345678) will be saved. The registration sequence has a total of 32 slots, although you can use less. The sequence also stores the end-of-list behaviour, i.e., what to do when the end of the sequence is reached. The options are: STOP (just stay there), TOP (return to the first item in the sequence) or Next Bank (continue in the next Registration Bank).

If enabled, you can use a pedal to move (forward) in the set sequence. This can be very practical in complex music, where you need your hands on the keyboard, and need to change settings at the same time...

Regards!

Offline jcm2016

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2022, 08:58:15 AM »
Thank you.   I use this function (foot pedals to advance / go back in registrations) on ones I've bought from Strawberry music.  Those all seem to be set for Stop at the end.  I'd like them to back to the top so I can simply play the song again.  I see how I can adjust it on a bank by bank basis, but couldn't figure out how to do an overall change - meaning that for all of the banks the sequence goes back to Top instead of Stop.   Is there a way?  Thanks in advance

Offline overover

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2022, 01:18:32 PM »
Thank you.   I use this function (foot pedals to advance / go back in registrations) on ones I've bought from Strawberry music.  Those all seem to be set for Stop at the end.  I'd like them to back to the top so I can simply play the song again.  I see how I can adjust it on a bank by bank basis, but couldn't figure out how to do an overall change - meaning that for all of the banks the sequence goes back to Top instead of Stop.   Is there a way?  Thanks in advance

Hi jcm2016,

As far as I know, there is no way to change the Registration Sequence settings for multiple Bank files at the same time.

But if you work with purchased Registrations or with Registrations that other users have created, you usually want to change some settings anyway or adapt them to your own ideas. If necessary, you then can also change the Registration Sequence settings before you save the Bank again.

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline jcm2016

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2022, 01:36:04 PM »
Thanks for this.