Yamaha Keyboards (4 Boards) > Clavinova CVP Digital Pianos

Touch screen issues with the CVP 809

(1/7) > >>

brian1uk:

I have had a CVP 809 for about two months now and am having some problems getting the touch screen to respond properly with the swiping action.
There is a screen that allows you to have a "session" essentially the piano room with a bass + guitar. You are supposed to be able to choose several different accompaniment "styles" within the session. You get to view the choices by "swiping" horizontally to see additional pages but I find that this doesn't work as seamlessly as it does say on a smartphone. Most of the time it (the screen) doesn't respond and I can only get it to slide horizontally only about 50 % of the time. Is there some magic action (or particular place on the screen where you are supposed to scroll from) with the fingers that will make this gesture more consistent? (Or could it be that I have a defective touch screen even though this is virtually brand new.) Thanks in advance to anyone who knows what this is and has figured out how to overcome it. 

EileenL:
Have you Calibrated your screen for your use. On Genos we go to Menu Page Two and select Utility Screen settings.

mikf:
Brian
I have the previous model, the 705, but I think it probably has a similar screen.
 When you are in piano room you touch the combo picture of the players, and the left hand section of the screen shows a pop up with multiple style icons from which you select a style. There are a number of style screen layers with different styles identified by the dot at the bottom. If you touch an icon and swipe the screen left or right it goes to the next layer. You have to actually touch a style icon inside the square to do this, not just the general screen or the little arrow at the edge of the screen. At least that is how it works on mine.
BTW, in case you did not notice you can also alter the style on this screen by touching the setting icon (the gear wheel) which then lets you select the instruments in the accompaniment from a picture of the three combo players. And of course  the tempo can also be changed. It’s a neat feature.
Mike

Kenneve:
Hi Guys

I have the CVP805 and the Piano Room function, appears to work exactly as Mikf describes.

I have to admit though, I had not realised there was more than 1 screen of styles available, maybe because I hardly ever use the Piano Room, but yes everything works as it should.
However I don’t appear to have the facility to calibrate the screen, unless I’m missing something?

mikf:
Yes, I went through the same errors, first not even realizing there were multiple screen layers, then thought it was erratic as well, before I noticed that you had to hit an icon exactly.
Mike

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version