Author Topic: External Connector in Genos for 15 Foot Pedals to Control Assgn. Knobs/Sliders  (Read 1290 times)

jemsoo7

Genos is beyond my budget right now but just for info! Can we 'hack' Genos to have say 15 external mini jack connectors to control the sliders/knobs with foot pedals OR directly from internal board if available (void warranty?).

I am Still looking for a second hand S670 in my little country so it could 'try' to 'connect' 6 foot controllers for Pitch,Mod(+),2 live (10kPots) and two 50kLogPots (diy on net) to 2 Pedals ports.

Anybody having tried any such kind of 'hack'... on Yamaha Keyboard?

Foot Pedal Boards (say to control s.art) and Foot Controllers are extremely! costly to import. I would think that for e.g Balance R1/R2 - say ElectricGuitar/Harmonics with foot pedal  would be easier than LiveKnob.

Side question as a temporary measure:
Reading the manual i see that s670 don't have chord loop BUT I find that sync start a MIDI song containing only a chord track could possibly act like a chord looper? I could have a folders of songs as chord progression....Would that work? (so that i have hands free to use live knobs/Mod wheel say to play with ease a melody Picolo trill on R1/R2 Picollo? as i saw on a PSR3000 tutorial youtube)

Thanks! Kindly Jean-Paul.

Offline svpworld

I don’t think you would need to hack the keyboard, most of those parameters are controllable via MIDI. So you could either use or build a midi controller that is assignable or can be assigned to parameters you wish to control. I have an Arturia Keylab Mk2 which I use to control my Genos via my DAW. The Genos has a number of features that can be triggered by pedals or external midi messages. Not sure about all of the mixer features on the Genos, I haven’t examined the midi message requirements for those but I would expect they are able to be externally controlled - either via CC messages or Sysex. Unfortunately my Keylab Mk2 doesn’t send out sysex but it wouldn’t be impossible to build something with a microcontroller or source a suitable controller that could do that. Not sure though why you want to do that, as the Genos controls are really nice to use - the OLED display also helps see what they are controlling along with the bank controls. You can definitely control the style parts and accompaniment via a midi controller though, and my midi controller has 5 pedal inputs (not that I would ever remember in a performance what my feet had to do on 5 separate pedals!)

Simon

Offline kharri

You might want to take a look at a "Midi Solutions Event Processor Plus", if your MIDI controller can't send all the messages.