Author Topic: Song name  (Read 3326 times)

Offline Marecki

Song name
« on: March 15, 2021, 08:12:28 PM »
Hello friends, I have a small question, it is not important but it intrigues me, namely next to the Songu name there is also a date and time, in my T5 it shows 2013.01.01 00.00, I think since it is displayed it should show the creation date and duration of the song and hence  my question is not something very important and essential but I admit it is very intriguing.  I am asking for a hint on this matter.  Thank you and best regards

Argento

Re: Song name
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2021, 08:44:47 PM »
If its file info, maybe that last piece of information is not the song lenght , but the file creation (or last modification) time YYYY/MM/DD HH:MM

Offline EileenL

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2021, 11:45:44 PM »
If you are using the wireless dongle given with the keyboard plugged into the rear USB port it will give you the time and Date of items produced on keyboard.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2021, 11:46:50 PM by EileenL »

Offline Marecki

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2021, 09:34:22 AM »
Thank you very much Eileen for the info, although I do not really understand if it is the UD-WL01 adapter, I have it but I have never used it, can you explain once more what is needed and how to do it.  Thank you very much and regards

Offline EileenL

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2021, 01:56:41 PM »
Just put the dongle in and then on keyboard enter the details of your Router  ID number.

Offline Marecki

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2021, 02:26:18 PM »
Thank you very much Eileen and best regards

Offline Marecki

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2021, 03:53:39 PM »
Hello Eileen, thank you very much for the tips I followed them and it is as expected I recorded and saved the song is the current time and date, but I take the opportunity to see that you know it well tell me what are the other benefits of using a wifi adapter, I admit that I am in  this green, so I am asking you for more information about the benefits of using the UD-WL01Adapter, this is what I have.  greetings

Offline EileenL

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2021, 11:36:02 PM »
It will allow you to install Packs from the YEM directly to keyboard.

Offline Marecki

« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2021, 07:53:46 AM »
Thanks a lot, best regards :) :)

tyros5psr

« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2021, 11:23:15 AM »
thank you for the information

Offline overover

« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2021, 11:35:24 AM »
You can also use the Yamaha UD-WL01 USB Wi-Fi Adapter to make a wireless MIDI connection (Port 1 In/Out), for example to an iPad.

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline Marecki

« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2021, 02:10:08 PM »
Thank you very much Chris for the info and best regards

Offline alanclare

« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2021, 09:07:06 AM »
If you are using the wireless dongle given with the keyboard plugged into the rear USB port it will give you the time and Date of items produced on keyboard.

Is there something that does the same thing for the S970?

Alan

Offline overover

« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2021, 10:22:23 AM »
Is there something that does the same thing for the S970?

Alan

Hi Alan,

the Yamaha USB WiFi adapter "UD-WL01" is also compatible with the PSR-S970, but as it's not included here, you have to buy it separately.

You can use this adapter exactly the same as on Tyros5:

- Installing Expansion content wirelessly, directly from the YEM

- Wireless MIDI In/Out, for example to connect an iPad with Songbook+

- Setting date and time of the keyboard (when connected to your local WiFi router)

- Wireless AUDIO Input from an iPhone/iPad instead of using the AUX IN socket(s)

P.S.
When it comes to a wireless MIDI connection for live performances with an audience, I recommend using a Bluetooth LE MIDI adapter (e.g. Yamaha MD-BT01 or CME WIDI Master) instead of the WiFi adapter. The reason is that MIDI-over-WiFi is much more susceptible to interference than a MIDI-over-Bluetooth LE connection.

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: March 18, 2021, 11:39:13 AM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

The following users thanked this post: alanclare

Offline alanclare

« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2021, 11:04:23 AM »
Chris

Thank you for a detailed answer to my question. It's much appreciated.

Alan