Author Topic: How to suppress multi-pad triggering on SX700  (Read 1323 times)

Offline dlepera

How to suppress multi-pad triggering on SX700
« on: March 11, 2021, 05:19:47 PM »
Wondering if there is a way to suppress multi-pads once triggered using registration memory. Let me explain. I setup a style, voice and then multi-pad 1 & 3 and save registration to memory #1.  Next I make changes and this time only want to trigger multi-pad 2 & 4 and save registration to memory #2.  So now I manually clear the multi-pad so my lights are all "blue" and start to play registration #1.  All good so far as my multi-pads #1 &3 are  lite up orange and 2&4 are blue.  When I move on to registration#2 I get the indication that multi-pads 2&4 are going to be triggered by the flashing orange lights and  now expect 1&3 to go blue in color and get suppressed. However they all stay on(orange) and I have to manually STOP the multi-pads and retrigger registration #2 to get what I want.  There has to be a way to correct this.  Any ideas/help will be appreciated.   
      Regards dom
Life is a learning experience and sharing it is it's biggest reward!

Offline Fred Smith

Re: How to suppress multi-pad triggering on SX700
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2021, 05:42:21 PM »
You want Padstopper. Just search this forum for it. There are many (many) posts on it.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline dlepera

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2021, 06:37:09 PM »
Hi Fred.  I did search the forum and my head is kind of spinning on this.. I tried to open Zionip's link and says I am off limits, looked at Joe H's and I think it is used for something more complex.  Not much on utube. I am kind of understanding that it may be complicate it with regits to get it to work?   I have the file download but hesitant to load on my keyboard as I have no idea how to use it properly and don't want to mess things up. I kind of sense that it works like a Register bank edit to clear what I don't want???   I will need to do more work on this and see where I go from here.  Thanks.

dom

« Last Edit: March 11, 2021, 06:40:06 PM by dlepera »

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2021, 06:59:08 PM »
Here's how it works.

If you have Pad1 running, and load another Pad1 (from a registration, for example), the old pad stops, and the new one starts. But if the new one does nothing, then the old one just stops. This is the result we want. So that's what Padstopper does -- nothing.

You might have to create a new multipad bank, judiciously loading Padstopper at the appropriate place, but with its help, you can do what you want.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ

The following users thanked this post: dlepera

Offline dlepera

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2021, 08:08:42 PM »
Fred, your last reply did it for me.  I created a 01-Padstopper folder and dropped this file in it. I loaded the Padstopper and did what you suggested and sure enough it works fine. Much easier than what I had read. Another happy camper here thanks to you.   Appreciated as always.     All the best!     dom
« Last Edit: March 11, 2021, 08:13:16 PM by dlepera »

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2021, 03:47:23 AM »
Fred, your last reply did it for me.  I created a 01-Padstopper folder and dropped this file in it. I loaded the Padstopper and did what you suggested and sure enough it works fine. Much easier than what I had read. Another happy camper here thanks to you.   Appreciated as always.     All the best!     dom

Glad I could help.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ

The following users thanked this post: dlepera