Author Topic: Genos Music Stand Extender  (Read 3160 times)

Genos Music Stand Extender
« on: March 07, 2021, 06:43:34 PM »
Ran across this on eBay today. Thought it might be useful to someone...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Yamaha-Genos-Music-Stand-Extensions-New-model-2021-/323866356523

Check Out My YouTube Channel! https://goo.gl/edbXFS

Re: Genos Music Stand Extender
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2021, 04:39:18 PM »
Thanks for the post, KeyboardByBiggs. That's an interesting tool. Are the curved bottom pieces where it rests on the Genos, padded? I can see over time a wear mark developing in an already fragile and cheap finish. There may some creaking of "plastic on plastic" too. I suppose one could cut some pieces of felt and slip them underneath ;D.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2021, 08:48:12 PM by Lee Batchelor »
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.

The following users thanked this post: KeyboardByBiggs

Hammond Yamaha

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2021, 10:22:47 PM »
I have them, they push into the bracket that holds the music rest that came with the Genos.
They are great.

Frank

Argento

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2021, 11:04:49 PM »
They really look like they where made on a 3D printer?, i think so....
Sadly the plans are not published on thingiverse, USD37 for 2 pieces of printed nylon is a steal sadly

Offline overover

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2021, 11:22:31 PM »
I have them, they push into the bracket that holds the music rest that came with the Genos.
They are great. ...

There are two different versions of these Genos Music Stand Extensions: The older version uses the original brackets that come with the Genos, but the current version ("New improved model 2021") is inserted directly into the holes on the back of the Genos:

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: March 10, 2021, 09:01:06 AM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2021, 12:24:50 PM »
Thanks for the pic, Chris. I see they come with little pads to prevent noises and wear marks. Brilliant!
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.

Offline Stubby

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2021, 03:00:45 AM »
I also bought a pair and they do the job nicely.  The seller was also great in working with me to overcome an issue with the shipper.  I purchased mine through the Etsy website, but it's the same seller.  I was initially concerned about whether it would affect seeing the screen or knobs below, but it's not an issue.

The following users thanked this post: KeyboardByBiggs

Offline bpsafran

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2024, 09:45:54 PM »
Will these work on the Genos2?

Offline muzicman147

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2024, 07:15:25 PM »
I bought a set of these when they first came out (for the G1) and yes they fit the G2....
But I like the look of these, they look a lot sturdier,
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/255100240175?_